Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and A Very Happy New Year

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful morning with your families. Gregg and I are starting off quietly. Later our son and daughter-in-law will be coming over for dinner.

My sister-in-law, Gregg's sister, gave me this woodland Santa several years ago. It is one of my most favorite things that I bring out every year, and I always put him on the hearth with seasonal flowers. This year I added the Shooting Star Hydrangea to the Poinsettias. I have never seen them before and I thought they were beautiful when I saw them at the store yesterday.

In Languages from around the world

(Albanian) - Gezur Krislinjden
(Argentine) -
Feliz Navidad Y Un Prospero Ano Nuevo
(Armenian) -
Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Pari Gaghand
(Bohemian) -
Vesele Vanoce
(Brazilian) -
Feliz Natal e Prospero Ano Novo
(China - Cantonese) -
Gun Tso Sun Tan'Gung Haw Sun
Sing Dan Fai Lok
(China - Mandarin) -
Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
Sheng Dan Kuai Le
(Croatian) -
Sretan Bozic
Èestit Boiæ i sretna Nova godina
(Czech) -
Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
(Danish) - Gledlig jul og godt Nytt Aar
(Dutch) -
Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar
Dutch (Netherlands) -
Prettig Kerstfeest
(Filipinos) -
Maligayang Pasko
(Finnish) - Hauskaa Joulua
Hyvää joulua ja Onnellista uutta vuotta
(French) -
Joyeux Noël et heureuse année
(Gaelic-Irish) -
Nolag mhaith Dhuit Agus Bliain Nua Fe Mhaise
(Gaelic-Scot) -
Nollaig Chridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
(German) -
Frohe Weihnachten und ein glückliches neues Jahr
(Greek) - Kala Khristougena kai Eftikhes to Neon Ethos
(Hawaiian) -
Mele Kalikimaka me ka Hauoli Makahiki hou
(Hebrew) -
Mo'adim Lesimkha
(Hindi) -
Shubh Christmas
(Hungarian) -
Kellemes Karacsonyi unnepeket
Boldog Karacsonyl es Ujevl Unnepeket
Kellemes Karacsonyt Es Boldog Uj Evet
(Icelandic) -
Gledileg jol og farsaelt komandi ar
Gledlig jol og Nyar
(Indonesia) -
Selamat Hari Natal
Selamah Tahun Baru
(Iraqi) -
Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
(Irish) -
Nollaig Shona Duit
(Irish) -
Nodlaig mhaith chugnat
(Italian) -
Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo
Buone Feste Natalizie
Buon Natale e felice Capodanno
(Japanese) -
Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
(Korean) -
Chuk Sung Tan
Sung Tan Chuk Ha.
(Lithuanian) -
Linksmu Kaledu
linksmu sventu Kaledu ir Laimingu Nauju Metu
(Norwegian) -
God Jul Og Godt Nytt Aar
(Peru) -
Feliz Navidad y un Venturoso Año Nuevo
(Philippines) -
Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon
(Polish) -
Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia i szczesliwego Nowego Roku
(Portuguese) -
Boas Festas e Feliz Ano Novo
Feliz Natal e propero Ano Novo
(Romanian) -
Sarbatori Fericite. La Multi Ani
(Russian) -
S prazdnikom Rozdestva Hristova i s Novim Godom
(Serbian) -
Hristos se rodi
(Serb-Croatian) -
Sretam Bozic. Vesela Nova Godina
(Spanish) -
Feliz Navidad y prospero Año Nuevo
(Swedish) -
God Jul Och Gott Nytt År
(Turkish) - Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
Yeni Yilnizi Kutar, saadetler dilerim
(Ukrainian) -
Srozhdestvom Kristovym
(Vietnamese) - Mung Le Giang Sinh. Cung Chuc Tan Nien
(Welsh) - Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
(Yugoslavian) -
Cestitamo Bozic


Many of us are celebrating Christmas but to those of my friends who are of a different faith, I would like to wish you all a very blessed holiday season.

May 2010 be the happiest ever.

23 comments:

  1. Feliz Natal e Prospero Ano Novo
    sweet Denise!
    Thanks so much for so beautiful post!
    Enjoy your day there with much love!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Maayong Pasko sa imo Denise (another vernacular version of what you have posted here from my country. :).

    Denise, I want to say Thank You for the pleasurable reading of your delightful blogposts and the sharing of few personal tidbits in regards to our children's wedding.

    May you continue to stay healthy and happy and do have a blessed and safe season.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Are you up late, too? I went to sleep just fine and suddenly woke up with insomnia. I guess that's the nice thing about blogging. You can always find somebody to talk to no matter what time it is.

    It's Christmas! I really need to get to sleep. It's a busy day awaiting me. I'm wishing you a fun and fabulous day, Denise.

    I loved seeing all the different ways to say this holiday greeting.
    Mele Kalikimaka to you and yours!
    And a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your family Denise, hope you have a lovely day.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Denise!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this wonderful post. Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you too and to your family. May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you also, hope you got a lot of gifts. Your flower arrangement sure is pretty, love the angel and thanks for taking the time to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Denise,
    I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your present and your sweet wishes! Your "Santa" came here two days ago. I was soooooo excited when I opened it!!!! You where in my mind! A few days ago I had asked my hubby to buy this particular cd to make Christmas day more beautiful and spiritual. He tried to find it but he couldn't. We had to order it and that meant that we would have it after Christmas. And suddenly a courier-Santa brought me the present I wanted to have...It was my Christmas miracle!!! You make my wish come true without even know about it!!!
    Happy Christmas Denise and a wonderful and healthy New Year!
    May you make people around you be so happy as I am with having you FRIEND!:)

    PS: I hope you enjoyed your present too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, there is a typo in the Hawaiian greeting. It should be HAUOLI. The O comes before the L.

    HAUOLI MAKAHIKI HOU = Happy New Year!

    Peace and Love to you and your family, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, I noticed another typo. It should be Kalikimaka. There should be an A after the last K. (Not E)

    MELE KALIKIMAKA = Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise said...
    I have time to play on the computer. I have prepared all the vegetables ready to put in the oven or on top of the stove, a half hour's rest and relaxation on here ;) and I'll get on with my chores. 'Chores' doesn't seem the right word considering I don't enjoy them usually but here I am having a great time knowing the 'kids' will be here in a few hours.

    Léia, Feliz Natal e Prospero Ano Novo to you and your dear family and of course that includes dear little Luna.

    Bonnie Bonsai, another beautiful greeting. Thank you for your sweet comments. I always enjoy my visits to your blog. So very enjoyable and yes, the special blogs we wrote were sharing our childrens' weddings. My warmest greetings to you also for a happy and healthy holiday season.

    Kay, yes have to say I could not sleep last night and I agree with everything you said :) Have a wonderful time today Kay. Mele Kalikimaka and a Hauoli Makahiki Hou to all of you :)

    Gill - That British Woman,
    Merry Christmas Gill, you too and have a wonderful day with the family.

    Sunny, Merry Christmas :)

    MedaM, you are so very welcome.
    Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year to you and your family. God Bless!

    Margaret Cloud, I have yet to open my gifts. We're waiting for our 'kids' to arrive. Glad you enjoyed the flowers. Flowers to me are always so special, I love them. Always love stopping by your blog Margaret.

    Marina, how dear you are saying such sweet comments. I am so happy I played a humble part in your Christmas this year. I too feel very blessed that I have your friendship. Happy Christmas Marina and I wish you all a happy, safe and healthy New Year! I am excited to open your gift. I have to wait a little longer as we are waiting for our son and our daughter-in-law to arrive to open them. I have to be a grown-up now, no sneaking any peaks like I did as a naughty, inquisitive little child - ha!

    gigihawaii, thank you so much for correcting me on the typo. I do appreciate it. I always like to get things correct when I put them on my blog, and am always grateful to my blogging friends for giving me a little help. The same to you and your family Gigi.

    Ups, time's moving on, gotta go my friends. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year! I have a calm and nice Christmas, just the way it should be:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fascinating! Frohliche Weinachten....as my German ancestors would have said and a Merry Christmas from me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kay, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Wenche, yes, that sounds lovely. Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

    Mary, Flohliche Weinachten :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have enjoyed your posts denise and your travels through 2009. i am looking forward to 2010. here's to a healthy and properous year ahead. take care.
    many hugs

    erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. And a very Merry Christmas to you too Denise.
    So sunny here yesterday in Torbay that we nearly had lunch on the deck. Bit too cold though!!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful arrangement! I hope your day was wonderful and the coming year will be the best of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Boxing Day and a belated Merry Christmas, Denise!

    Beautiful photo! I love your woodland Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Good Life in Virginia, thank you and I yours. I would like to wish you the same Erin.

    JJ, I can just imagine that sunny weather. My memory is of looking out the back window seeing the village in the valley, and hearing the bells from the church on Christmas morning. It is one of my most favorite memories.

    tricia, thank you. It was as I hope was yours. I wish you the best of everything in 2010. May it be your happiest ever.

    Stephany, why thank you and the same to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your display is quite festive! I love the hydrangea. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Denise,

    Hope you had a truly blessed Christmas! What fun posting the Merry Christmas in all the languages! May your new year be wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hooray! I was so glad to see Irish on the list!

    ReplyDelete