Friday, December 25, 2009

Camera Critters

For this week's Camera Critters I would like to share not my photographs but those of a friend. This is Hamish and as you can see he is enjoying a fun walk with his dad in the snow. Hamish was having such a good time he didn't want to go back inside. He is looking very fashionably dressed for the season in a pretty red coat, with a nice wide florescent strip that shows up bright and sparkly when walking. Well done Hamish and Hamish' Mom and Dad.

Maybe we ought to give a similar one to the jogger we almost hit last week. He was dressed all in black from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. Even his fingertips were covered with dark gloves and his woolly hat was pulled down hard so that only part of his face was visible. And just in case you were wondering there were no burglaries reported. Believe me it did cross my mind. We were shocked to see him running towards us, way too far from the curb at a high rate of speed, on a pitch black night on an unlit street. We weren't able to see him until he almost bounced off our hood and even more maddening was the fact that there was a perfectly good sidewalk that would have kept him out of harm's way.

Fortunately the speed limit in our neighborhood is only 25 miles per hour and we were able to veer around after I saw him. I yelled out and we missed him by inches. He scared us badly and as I watched him run by my window, he disappeared into the darkness without so much as a backward glance, still running in the middle of the road as if nothing had happened. Was he so zoned out that he was only in touch with his body and not in touch with his surroundings? Does that happen?

Stay safe young man and well done Hamish's Mom and Dad for being smart and using good head sense while walking their precious pooch child. Hamish my little pal you are adorable, and all joggers out there, take a leaf out of Hamish' book. Please wear light colored clothing on those dark, unlit streets and as an added precaution, sow on some fluorescent strips.

Camera Critters was created by Misty Dawn. Thank you Misty!

You can find other critter photos by clicking here.

24 comments:

  1. I've had that happen but with a cyclist dressed in black with no lights or reflectors. It gives you a shock doesn't it? Hamish is well looked after and very handsome too.Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute and "brave", I think I could not be there outside with this cold weather and snow! :)
    Happy Holidays dear Denise!
    purrs and love
    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hamish does looks stylish in his red coat. He and his dad are brave to go out walking in the cold snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable! I miss my doggies.

    My husband used to stand outside with our poodles just like this. He would gripe, but he loved it!

    Merry Christmas
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hamish is adorable!! and very stylish

    I've had a similar experience to yours - it's awful. Glad all was OK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. diane, it certainly does and thank you, had a wonderful Christmas.

    We love Luna, yes he is on both counts :) Happy Holidays my dear little Luna, and to your sweet family also.

    eileeninmd, I wish they came in my size ;) They were very brave but I think Hamish' Daddy called it quits first :)

    Pamela, I miss my doggy too. I don't think my little one ever saw snow. We spent most of her life in California.

    imac, thank you and I agree, he is very cute.

    Dianne, you will often find Hamish very stylishly dressed :) And as for the jogger, yes it was awful. It gives you a dreadful fright when you realize what the outcome might have been.

    gigihawaii, it most definitely was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise,
    It sounds like your heart was beating hard after your encounter with the jogger. Those were cute photos of Hamlish with his proper night time clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise: What a cute little pup.
    I had a similar experience and never saw the person on the street in the dark morning. How can people be so foolish?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable little pooch all decked out in RED as he walks in the snow. What a scary thing to have happen. I'm glad no one was hurt. Thanks for dropping by mine at Happily Retired Gal earlier ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by!
    Hamish is too cute. Our dog who spent the first six years of her life in FL, was loving the snow last week, until it all got rained away today!

    My Photo Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, indeed! Hamish looks very fashionably dressed for the season. He usch a cutie and adorable.

    Happy New Year, Denise!

    Thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Corner Gardener Sue, thank you, I have known Hamish for quite a while now and have taken many photos of him myself.

    i beati, me too Sandy, me too.

    This Is My Blog - fishing guy, thank you FG. I don't know why people do that either. I'm still scratching my head about it.

    storyteller, he is isn't he? I'm glad my jogging nightmare all turned out okay. Hugs and blessings to you too.

    Martha in PA, you are very welcome. I had a fun visit.

    Linda (PA_shutterbug), isn't he? I keep trying to smuggle him home but his mommy won't have any of it.

    eden, thank you. I think Hamish is beginning to realize just how cute and adorable he is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a little Yorkie like Hamish, which is a name I never heard until "Four Weddings and a Funeral." Anyway, loved these pics.

    As a some-time runner, I have to wonder what that runner was thinking. Sounds like he left home with a death wish. I'm usually sympathetic to runners, but this scenario is ridiculous. Glad no one was hurt. I'm still not convinced he wasn't trying to hide for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hamish is a styling dog.

    I hardly ever run on streets any more. We are lucky to have our choice of a bunch of running/biking trails. But I always wear light colored clothing and a flashing led light when I run in the dark because I don't want to get hit by bicycles and even the trails cross streets every now and then.

    I had a good friend killed after getting hit on a freeway frontage road while running, in the dark, with dark clothes, with headphones on. He was in a coma for 7 months before he died.

    So, yes runners, bikers, be careful and aware.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that little jacket, and Hamish is adorable! That story of the jogger is horrifying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cute pictures of little Hamish and his dad. I love the reflectors on his vest...Very fun snowy pictures with a cute little pooch (and his dad). Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hamish is adorable! He looks so festive in his smart winter coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. The dress of Hamish is very cool.
    Critters @ Bikaner, Camel country

    ReplyDelete