Monday, November 30, 2009

A Study of Dogs

These are all the dogs that I took photos of while on holiday a few weeks' ago. My goodness, do you see the cross look on this little fellow's face? He doesn't look too happy does he? He was strolling down the road towards me and as I still had my camera in my hand I took a shot and hoped for the best. He reminds me a little of the expression on the face of The Mad Bluebird, that adorable picture that most of us are very familiar with. In case you can't bring it to mind you can find an image here and the story of the photographer who took that famous photo here. Well, here we have a mad pug whose expression is speaking volumes. "Why I oughta...."

"I'm so happy, I'm so happy, see this smile? I am full of joy, can't you tell? It's so good to get out for a walk with my human and when I get home I'll get a dog biscuit, and then I'll take a nap and dream of that cute little poodle who keeps giving me the eye when we pass her window each morning. If I keep smiling maybe she'll come out next time and say hello. I'm so happy, I'm so happy!"

"No time to stop, no time to stop, I'm getting my exercise here, no time to stop, no time to stop!"

Here we are getting off the ferry after our trip up to Canada. We're patiently waiting in line to go through customs when I see a dog a few cars ahead. He's checking out everything around him.

"Oh those smells, I can smell a thousand smells. Is that a bird up there, is that a plane? Why I think it's Superman. He's faster than a ...... I think I just got a whiff of something good. Oh those smells, I can smell a thousand smells. I am so glad I have this nose! I bet you wished you had a nose like mine." I do, I have a lousy sense of smell.

"What are you looking at? I'm shy, don't stare at me. I am waiting for my human who will be back any time now. "

"Are you still here? Don't you know it's rude to stare?" Sorry, but I think I'm in love. You have the most soulful eyes.

"Move along, move along. I'm going to bark so loud it's going to scare you out of your shoes" and he did! Why is it that small dogs are the loudest? I think he enjoyed scaring me, do you see that glint in his eyes and the beginnings of a smile? His bark is worse than his bite. I told him he wasn't fooling me, I can read him like a book, he's just a lovable little softy.


11 comments:

  1. Your photo comments are very apt and fit each dog perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too too cute, Denise. I love it. You've captured the feel of each picture with your wonderful commentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo story. But your mistaken with the last one he's thinking if only the window was down I could bite your arm off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dogs Denise! And your barn header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photographs are good; what makes them great are the captions that go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the captions to the photos,so clever and apt.Being a dog lover myself,really enjoyed these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice going, Doggie perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and commentary. You really caught the personalities of each dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cute! The shy Basset hound with the reflection of trees is my favorite. It's as if he's dreaming of being elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute snapshots, love the second dog, he looks real happy, almost looks like he is smiling.

    ReplyDelete