Monday, November 23, 2009

MyWorld Tuesday - Season 2 - Episode 7

We were very happy to be taking the car ferry ride again. Whenever I used to think of our visit to the Northwest all those years ago, I only had to remember the trip through those incredibly beautiful San Juan Islands and I would end up smiling this big smile. It was a foregone conclusion that we would be repeating what we had enjoyed so much once before, and I hope will repeat again somewhere down the road. If you are ever in that area, stay the night in Anacortes, Whidbey Island, where you will catch the early morning ferry up to Victoria. You will be waiting in line before the sun rises but I promise you, you will not regret it and oh my, what a sunrise. It was a little nippy at the end of October as you will guess when you see one of the photos of me in my slide show. I think you will recognize it immediately. I laugh at that photo now as did Gregg when he decided he had to take it. I had spotted seals swimming in the water. There were several all along the route and many birds flying close to the water. I can honestly tell you that I didn't really feel the cold. That magnificent scenery kept me in the warmth and sunshine the whole way and I couldn't bring myself to go inside, but did for the occasional hot drink, which fortified us when we went topside shortly afterwards. We didn't want to miss a moment. Now that I am home again, when I think of our second ferry ride, there goes that big smile again.


Gregg took many of these photos.

Thank you Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise and Sylvia for hosting My World. You can see other ‘My World’ photos or join in and share your own by clicking right here.

22 comments:

  1. Denise, Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I have put my post up about Kathie and my birding trip now, I hope you will have chance to check it out.
    I was so excited when I started reading about you. We have so much in common! I too am a Brit living in the US and married to an American. I was born in the Midlands, Leamington, Warwickshire. When I was young my parents moved us down to Cornwall! It is a funny old world isn't it?
    I loved your post about the San Juan Islands, we have visited a couple of times and absolutely love it. We actually did a three day sea kayaking trip around the islands, it really is a spectacular area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise: What a fun trip through your visit in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking me on your trip, Denise! The photos are wonderful and the music is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice slide show. Some of the photographs of the islands remind me of an area in Maine where I vacationed sometime ago. It's really a small world. You mentioned Whidbey Island. Friends of mine moved there from NJ a few years ago. It would be very nice to visit them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! It was like sailing along with you! I bet it would be as pretty in Spring when it is not that cold!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH dear Denise, thanks so much for this adorable post!
    I enjoyed a lot this beautiful video and Gregg is skilled with pictures as well, just beautiful!
    I liked a lot those auto pictures of you both and what a beautiful soundtrack!I loved the music!
    Well done!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two take some interesting vacations and trips. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots of a fun ride. I love ferries too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shots. Jack and I took the ferry to and from the city of Victoria. It is a great ride. We did the car ferry. I like car ferries. We took one on the same trip from Miwaukee to just north of Grand Rapids, Michigan on Lake Michigan. They surely do save time. Denise, ever take the ferry from Cape May, NJ to Lewes, Delaware? That's a great car/passenger ferry too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the slide show and music! Just beautiful!

    I spent 6 days in Vancouver, BC and visited Victoria back in 1994. It was March and there was snow on the ground. I guess it's time we returned during the summer when the flowers are blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely trip ... watching your nifty video brings back mem'ries of my own travels in the area ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a wonderful trip with great photos. It is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful slideshow of a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, that's one of my favorite parts of my world, for sure! Lovely photos of a beautiful place!

    Thanks for sharing, have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise
    Beautiful! The best ferry ride I've been on! There were many great photos in yr collection - thanks fr sharing.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you enjoyed your trip to the Northwest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous video slide show Denise..Looks like so much to take in but you did- this was a delightful post (I liked the music too)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful trip, we did something similar one October, From Montreal cross Canada and down the coast to San Francisco. On a ferry out of Victoria we saw a pod of Orcas playing.

    Loved your post with all the memories it invoked.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful series. Traveling round islands is always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete