Monday, October 26, 2009

My World Tuesday

Hello there! As I awakened early this morning - 2.30 a.m. - I decided to share some photos while still away on our road trip. My World Tuesday was the only one that I did not predate before I left and not wanting to miss it, I thought this was a good time to do that. Hopefully I will be able to go back and catch 40 winks before we leave for the northern part of California around 6.00 a.m.

Right now we are in a beautiful little seaside town called Cannon Beach, Oregon. It is one place we are coming back to, as from what little we were able to see yesterday evening, it was lovely. We were hoping to walk along the beach this morning but from what I can hear it is raining hard. I looked at the weather forecast and the whole day is 100 percent precipitation. A little disappointing but there's always next time and we do intend to return one day.

Thanks again for those of you who have been visiting and for leaving all your lovely comments. I appreciate it more than I can say. It might take a while to catch up but I will most definitely drop by when I get home.

These photos are from our visit to the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington State. The last time we came here was ten years ago around August, when skies were blue and the weather was warm. When you visit this time of year you take your chances. It was rainy and misty.

No kidding said me. Do we let a little rain spoil our fun? No way!

After being told by the people at the ticket counter that we might not get a decent view of the city, we decided to go ahead anyway.

Gregg is checking out places of interest throughout Seattle.

The mist clears fleetingly.

Here we are with a self portrait.

It was a lot of fun and Gregg says Denise had a great time looking round the gift shop, which mysteriously appears after you get off the downward elevator.

Rain or no rain I can recommend a ride up there any day.

Seattle is a great place to visit at any time of the year and I will be sharing other photos of the city at a later date.

Thank you Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise and Sylvia for hosting My World. You can see other ‘My World’ photos or join in and share your own by clicking right here.

15 comments:

Janie said...

Thanks for the Space Needle tour. I've been to Seattle, but never gone up for a view. Love the self portrait over the cityscape in the fog...

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I loved the self-portrait; you can see the fogged-in city behind you.

Sylvia K said...

Ah, you're in 'my world' now! Isn't the Space Needle fun? Great shots and a great post!! And you'll love Cannon Beach, I'm sure! Look forward to more photos of your trip!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

J Bar said...

Great tour.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Gaelyn said...

Seattle is a beautiful city, you just always have to be prepared for rain. I really like the self-portrait.
Cannon Beacch is very sweet. I visited a glass blower there once long ago.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'd of gone up, visibility or no. Thanks for taking us up with you.

Photo Cache said...

that's a great place to visit, portland and seattle area. coming down to california?

my entry is at www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

Jack and Joann said...

Wow, it is really wet there. Jack and I could see forever the day in May 2007 when we went up in the space needle. I like your reflections in the glass. I have enjoyed your recents posts of Virginia Beach and the desert of Arizona. Yes, you need hiking shoes in the desert. Hope your tooties are ok now.

Marites said...

I love the self-portrait too:) seems there's a great view up there, with or without rain.

Neeraj said...

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! This is Anamika Tiwari from Webneetech.com. At present we are interviewing entrepreneurs and now we are starting another section to feature (interview) bloggers and their blog on webneetech.com

We find your blog bit interesting and would like to feature your interview on our website.

I was not able to find any contact details of yours so using this comment box. Please let me know your email id or else contact us on i.webneetech@gmail.com, so that we can send you the questionnaire and feature you on webneetech.com Please visit www.webneetech.com to know more about us.

Regards,
Anamika
Webneetech.com

The Good Life in Virginia said...

i kinda of like the foggy pics...as it does indeed rain in seattle (a lot). and that self-portrait is great.
have a most wonderful time as you continue your journey.
hugs

Patty said...

Looks like fun, although I'm a little funny about going up to high in anything. LOL

Sunny said...

Really enjoyed your pictures, Seattle is one place I would love to visit.
I have been to Cannon Beach though, and that's a lovely area.
Enjoy your day.
Sunny :)

jabblog said...

I always associate Seattle with Frasier (and now SylviaK)It certainly is an impressive feature.

Margaret Cloud said...

Glad you are enjoying your vacation, the pictures are very nice.