Thursday, October 29, 2009

SkyWatch Friday - Good Morning From Monterey, California

I decided to use these photos for this week's share. My thanks to the the team who bring this great meme to us. You can find other SWF photos here.


Good Morning Blogging Friends. We are in Monterey and I wanted to share a few photos taken this morning before we head on out. We got a hotel on Cannery Row so that we wouldn't have to keep getting the car. We went on a good long walk yesterday that went along the water. When I have more time I will be sharing those too. Thank you for visiting and leaving your sweet comments. Sorry I don't have time to return the visit yet but we will be heading back home on Saturday and I will start catching up during the week.

We have a beautiful view from our hotel window. This is the sunrise taken this morning.

I woke up to hear the seals barking, not something I get to hear where I live so this has been incredible. The sea really calls to me. I just love looking out over the water. It gives me a sense of peace and tranquility and to watch those shore birds is really something.

We're spending today in Monterey and tomorrow we will be heading up to Napa Valley. I have a dear friend back in Virginia who used to live there and I want to take lots of photos for her. She has given me a list of places to see. The day after we fly out of San Francisco Airport. More to follow when time allows. In the meantime I have a couple of predated posts left and I will be back to visiting on a regular basis starting next week.

24 comments:

distresseddamsel said...

Is this the place where you're staying for your vacation? Wow! the view overlooking the ocean must have been really soothing, especially during dusk.

Janie said...

Beautiful views from Monterey!

Tricia said...

Oh very beautiful, Denise! Love these views!

Regina said...

Tranquil and beautiful sunrise!
Great views.
Enjoy your vacation.

Roy said...

Lovely skies Denise.

jabblog said...

Sunrise over the sea - it doesn't get better than this! Enjoy the final part of your holiday.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful pictures dear Denise!Enjoy this fabulous place!
God bless you
Léia

Kay said...

I remember visiting there a LONG time ago. It's a lot of fun to see those places again.

imac said...

Wonderful shots and sounds wonderful.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I visited Monterey a long time ago. I do recall Cannery Row but what I remember most vividly is eating dinner in the aquarium. We sat in front of fish tanks that went from the ceiling to the floor. I feel the same way about the sea. Whenever we vacation by the sea, I never grow tired of looking out over the water. The water is very relaxing to me.

tricia said...

Great shots. Such a beautiful place.

J Bar said...

It looks fantastic there. My workmate just came back fro a holiday there and has been telling all about it.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Icy BC said...

These are a beautiful series of photos! I love all of them..

Louise said...

Color me somewhat jealous. Seals barking? Awesome.

Bill S. said...

Beautiful sunrise pictures. It pays to get up before the sun does - sometimes. Great pictures and good luck.

chubskulit said...

I love the last shot!

Here's a Korean Sunset.

Have a horrorific Halloween!

Guy D said...

Your photography never disappoints, excellent skywatch shots this week.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

jeannette stgermain said...

The 3rd pic is very romantic! You're having a dream trip - just take lots of pics!

eileeninmd said...

How cool to have a seal alarm clock. Wonderful scenery and photos.

MedaM said...

Beautiful series of so lovely sky!

Patty said...

Glad you're having a marvelous vacation. Great view from your hotel/motel window.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

Well, this is mighty fabulous to be in California! I can see you are having a great time!

Gretchen said...

Just beautiful!

Happy SWF!!!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Very nice and peaceful.