Monday, October 5, 2009

Can you hear me now?

I hope you've all had a very nice weekend. On Saturday Gregg and I went to one of the local nurseries where they were holding a fall festival. This is where I took my photo of the little girl. She and her daddy were sitting on these gigantic chairs while mommy was taking a photo of them. Daddy was sitting on the another chair right next to her. I'll share more of the festival photos later.

We also went to a movie, The Invention of Lying with Ricky Gervais, Jennifer Lowe, Rob Lowe, Louis C.K. and Jonah Hill. It was an interesting premise, a world where no one lies and Ricky Gervais' character invents the first lie. It is a quirky movie but has a very good message and I liked that. Basically it is telling us what is truly important in life, that maybe thinking outside the box is good for all of us. That's my interpretation anyhow.

On Sunday we made a quick shopping trip to CostCo. We always buy a big bag of their limes and avocados, a box of Pellegrino (sparkling water) which we pour into a glass with lime juice, our favorite drink these days, a small tray of cooked shrimp for supper, Pizza (a box of four) for the freezer and I think that was about it for this trip.

Later we went for a walk. The last time I visited Walney Pond - the day I forgot the battery for my camera - I found a new trail we had never noticed before. We had fun walking a different path. There were several people out with their dogs, all friendly, the dogs I was thinking about but their humans also. Everyone smiled and said hello as they passed by and the dogs wagged their tails furiously. Mental note to self: not a good idea to drink a large cup of coffee earlier on. I definitely felt the difference when I was snapping the shutter button and oh boy, several of my photos came out blurry.

After our walk we put the cart before the horse and went for ice-cream before going home for supper. When we got to the store they were fairly busy with several excited children. They have a train track running on a rail built into the wall near the ceiling. You can understand why it attracts children but I had a momentary wish that they would find a can of WD-40 to grease the wheels. You could hear a very loud squeaking as the train passed over our table. It felt like nails on a chalkboard, but we weren't there that long. The ice-cream was too good!

About an hour later we got home and had a bowl of soup. I made a big pan of Beef and Vegetable on the Friday so that I wouldn't have to cook over the weekend. Whatever is left after today I will pop in the freezer.

This week is going to be a busy one. There are friends coming into town and I am looking forward to seeing them. I also discovered a video program on my computer that I never knew I had. A lovely surprise because after tinkering with it for a while I can now put together a slide show for another friend who recently went to New York, and she sent me all her photographs. You can add music to it and I found some really neat opera that I know she will enjoy. It is a fun project and one I am looking forward to.

That's about it for my ramblings. Have a great week everyone.

26 comments:

George said...

That was a very cute picture of the little girl in the giant chair. I'm glad you had a good weekend and I hope your week is just as good, even if it will be busy.

Rose said...

That is a great caption for that picture...she is a little cutie anyway.

storyteller said...

What an adorable photo with a great caption. Thanks for your visit and comments at Small Reflections. I do love playing with Photoshop. Be sure to pace yourself through this busy week ahead ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Looks like you had a pretty good time. I like how you eat. Desert before dinner is a great idea. The Your special drink sounds great also.

Becca's Dirt said...

Love the photo of the little girl in such a big chair. So cute. Have a nice day.

Becca's Dirt said...

Denise - you have an award on my blog. You deserve this award.

Janie said...

Adorable photo of the little girl!
Sounds like a fun weekend outing. I like having ice cream before dinner!

i beati said...

Sent horse table and shelf to my friend my flea market finds - but posted a little of them tomorrow.

ah yes ice cream my passion

Viola said...

You two have done a lot during the weekend then. And captured a pretty photo! We, too, went for a walk, a path, on Sunday. But just for a couple of houres. (My post of today.) And watced a couple of films (dvd). I wish you a happy week! :)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

What a cute picture, Denise. I loved reading about your weekend. Hope your week goes as well.. I have company coming this weekend also. SO much to do before they get here!!! ha

Thanks so much for your kind words about the death of my brother. I appreciate you so much.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I liked reading about your weekend, too, as you enjoyed reading about mine. I haven't been to a movie in a theater in a very long time. We don't have Costco in our area. Here it is Sam's Club. I like shopping there. Have a great week!

tricia said...

What a cute picture and I love the caption. It sounds as if you're enjoying yourself. Have a wonderful week.

Sunny said...

This picture is so cute and I love the caption. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable weekend, hope the week is the same for you.
Sunny :)

diane said...

You crammed a lot into your weekend. The picture is cute too. We had visitors for the weekend. We played cards and ate chocolate. We walked through the wetlands but didn't taks a camera, silly me. Then we had lunch at "The Coffee Club" It was a fun weekend too.Hope you have a good week.

Kay said...

Sounds to me like you had a terrific time. I love that photo of the cute little girl. The colors in that photo are great, too.

Jama said...

That a little adorable girl!

Grace and Bradley said...

Glad that you had a very nice weekend. When I saw the image, I can imaging how my daughter pass the phone to her daughter to talk to us. Good point of coffee, I will certain drink no coffee next time when I go out to photograph!!

Craver Vii said...

Sweet photo of the little girl.

Forego coffee in order to take better pictures? I'd rather carry a tripod or monopod with a built-in cup holder!

Patty said...

Sounds like you had a fun day even with the excited children and the creaking train wheels. Enjoy your company coming for a visit. See you later.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Me again.
I received a blogging award and passed it to you.

Carletta said...

How cute! Reminds me of my Granddaugher - I can't understand a thing she says till she gets to the end and says love you too.
Have a wonderful week with your friends.

Kilauea Poetry said...

So this is where you've been..I posted a Passion & lime cheesecake recipe..so if you don't have the Lilikoi, the limes work great. We did a Costo trip the previous week to the other side of the Island. It's getting to the point it's necessary due to the ridiculous prices. I haven't been doing a lot of the memes (save for skywatch)or at least the same as yours so I feel bad adding a comment when you need to visit. Anyway, your pictures are lovely..all of them, especially the Today's Flowers- awesome. Have a great day Denise-

MedaM said...

I am glad you had a good weekend. I like the photo of a little girl; she is so cute. She made me smile. :-)

Grace Olsson said...

Denise, u had an excellent weekend and your little girl is so pretty and cute, dear
Have a ncie day, ok?
graceolsosn.com/blog

kanishk said...

That is a great caption for that picture...she is a little cutie anyway.
Work From Home

kanishk said...

That is a great caption for that picture...she is a little cutie anyway. Work From Home