Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day's Gone By

I haven't shown any old family photographs lately but as I am getting together with my friends later on and we are all sharing our old photos, I have been going through a thousand of them. It was like a treasure hunt. In this one I had gone back to England many, many years ago. From left to right is my Dad, that's me, my Mom, Aunty Freda, cousin Valerie and Uncle Len. Uncle Len is my Mom's brother. We are in Wolverhampton at my Aunty and Uncle's local pub. Pictures are scanned from old snapshots. This is going back a ways, at least 25 years and then some. Aunty Freda used to make the greatest scrambled eggs for breakfast. Funny what you remember. She was a lovely lady and I enjoyed being around her and my Uncle. They were a lot of fun to be with. As kids my sister and I would stay with them over the weekend and scrambled eggs was my favorite breakfast that she used to make us. She was from Scotland originally but had lived in England all her life.

14 comments:

  1. You were very attractive, whoops are very attractive. It is fun looking through old photos. Have a good time with your friends.It is funny the things we remember and a worry the things we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What memories old photos can bring back. Looks like everyone was enjoyable themselves.

    Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture made me smile, I have one very similar of my family in an English pub. Great memories!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Denise, thanks so much for this joy! Fabulous moment and so cool to remember!Beautiful as well!
    Have a nice Sunday!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Denise for sharing this photo and the story behind it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great old photograph. I love how everybody's squeezed in around the tiny table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely memories Denise - that's what makes looking at old snaps such fun. We were going through some the other day - some really made us laugh. A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's that beautiful dark haired English Rose again. {:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like so much fun. Great old photo you posted-- I recognized you without reading who was in the shot. I love looking at old photographs.

    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice with old photos. The photos are bringing back all kind of nice and cozy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were as gorgeous then as you are now, Denise. I do so love old photographs. They bring back such memories.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is nice to look through old photos, it brings back fond memories. Some sad because the only way we can look at the people that have passed on. Very nice picture, hope you are having a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are really lovely memories and the photo is beautiful and precious. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete