Thursday, July 16, 2009

Space Shuttle Enterprise at The National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center

As I have just read an article here about the Space Shuttle Endeavour which took off into space today, I thought I would share this photograph that I took at The National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center last week. I will be posting more photos for the next My World Tuesday meme but snuck this in here for a quick change of pace, and because of today's flight.

The photo above is of the Space Shuttle Enterprise. It is an amazing exhibit. Fortunately for me this museum is only 15 to 20 minutes away up the road, on the way to Dulles Airport and I have been here several times, never tiring of it as there is so much to take in and like any museum you can't take everything in on one visit.

If you read the article I mentioned take a look at the video, it's amazing! Years ago my son's grandparents took him down to Florida to see one of them take off. I will have to ask him if he remembers which one it was. I would love to see a sight like that.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be such an adventure taking off in one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing us this superb image Denise. Really great as we don't all get to see something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are fortunate to have the museum so close. We are almost as close to the United States Air Force Museum and Space Center at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. They also have a lot of "stuff" to see and an enormous number of visitors each year.

    The chipmunks you mentioned will not hang around if there is no food in the area. If you haven't seen them lately under your front steps, then they have probably moved on.

    Thank you very much for visiting my Gobsmacks blog and for the comment you left me there.
    Gobsmacks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive vehicle-- great shot. You do live in a great place-- so much to see and do and it is one of our most beautiful states as well.

    ReplyDelete