Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My World Tuesday

Not so long ago we found ourselves on a mini road trip which is one of our favorite things to do on the weekends.

I have a thing about taking photos of dogs, I just love them, especially when you see them sticking their heads out of car windows. I read this on line once and you've probably heard it before as it has been making the rounds for a long time, but why do dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows when you're traveling at a good rate of speed, when they can't stand you blowing in their face? What's the answer? I don't think there is one but I thought it was a good question.
As we started out early and we were going by Amy's Cafe in Falmouth, we decided to stop in for breakfast. This is only our second visit as it's a bit of a ways from our house but I have already designated it a favorite stop-over place.

Guess what I had for breakfast? Actually, Gregg and I shared a plate as there was more than enough for two.

Inside it is cosy and comfortable.....


.... and I enjoy looking up at things on the wall.


This is the side of the 200 year old building that Amy is located in.

We came across these ladies making their way across the bridge. From their clothing I immediately thought that maybe they were from Ghana, as it reminded me of the traditional clothing I have seen when watching anything about that country on the TV. I wish I knew what their story was, where they were from and where they were going. They seemed very friendly, a car honked a friendly hello and they all waved back laughing and smiling. The lady in front had a baby strapped to her back carried in some kind of hammock. Safe journey my friends.

This is a barn we have been passing for years but it was the first time I have taken a photo. It looked like a scene out of the nursery rhyme, the Cat and the Fiddle, where the cow jumps over the moon, except that looks very much like a pig with the cow don't you think? I often wonder what the story of that mural is. Maybe next time we drive by it and we see someone, we will stop and ask.

Thank you Klaus, Sandy, Ivar, Wren, Fishing Guy and Louise for hosting My World. You can see other ‘My World’ photos or join in and share your own by clicking right here.


21 comments:

  1. Hello sweetie Denise!
    how adorable day!
    I loved your post and all pictures.These dogs are so cute and what a fantastic brick wall!Thanks for sharing this lovely post!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and wonderful day. That restaurant is fabulous. Wish I could pop in myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A short trip and so much to see when you know how to look! the cafe looks so beautiful I would make it my stopover too! Thanks for that lovely weekend trip, dear Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the old green barn. It does looks like something from a childrens story is painted on it.

    I love dogs and notice them wherever I go as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the barn. Looks like the cow, pig and goose are having a great time on it. My little Jack Russell used to loooove sticking his wee head out the car window. He sniffed up a storm for the all the smells rushing by him in the wind. Oh, hello. Just decided to sneak a peak at your blog. Think I'll be back, again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey there denise...amy's looks like a great place to stop and have breakfast at. if i am ever in that part of the world...i will most definitely stop in.
    loved the cat and the fiddle on the side of the barn. have a wonderful weekend. we are off to allegheny county to look at some property. should be a nice drive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs in cars are irresistibly cute, probably because they appear to be having such a great time.
    Pecan pancakes, yum! I could go for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The restaurant sounds and looks like a great place. Just to see a building that old would be wonderful and if good food was to be had in the bargain how could you miss? I love the barn and I agree it does look like a pig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the virtual 'ride-along' ... seems like a fun day for everyone. My Molly loves to ride with me everywhere too ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this post so much. Loved the shots of the dogs and the cafe looked great. All of the shots and commentary were so good for showing a day in your world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful place. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! I want to day trip with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun!! And ahhhhh, the life of a dog! We should all try to be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nice outing I wold like to have breakfast there.Thanks for taking me on a tour of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very nice day trip, I enjoyed your pictures very much. That restaurant did look cozt, thank you for coming by, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some truly wonderful photos here. I like the dog in the car window - he's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delightful journey you two had and I loved where you stopped for breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice phtotgraphy. Is this in Falmouth, ME? I'd love to dine in that cafe! Pecan pancakes are some of my favorites, especially when the pancakes are pumpkin with pecans! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd like to hypothesize about your question. The one about why dogs stick their heads out of car windows, when they can't stand a person blowing in their face.

    My guess is that their strong sense of smell is checking things out just like we'd pass through trying to notice all that we can. Blowing into a dog's face would be different, because it's not just about the wind or air; that's like invading their personal space. Besides, a dog isn't able to blow, so to them, it's probably weird. Ewww... what the heck is this person doing to me?

    Meh. Just a guess. Great question.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The air whizzing by in the car is full of the smells of burgers and such that they could eat, the wind you blow into their face smells like the burger you ate and didn't share! That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete