Sunday, June 28, 2009

TODAY'S FLOWERS

TODAY’S FLOWER’S is a great meme created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr. You can find beautiful and unusual flowers from all over the world by clicking here.

This should be my last pre-dated post for a while. Our son's wedding will have taken place yesterday, he will be on his way to Italy for his honeymoon and most of our family and friends will have left for home. We are going to get together tonight with several friends, two of whom came up from Georgia and Atlanta and we wanted to take them out to dinner before they leave in the morning. It should be a fun evening, especially as niece Hanna and Jochen will be joining us.

Thank you again for all your good wishes to our son and and our brand new-daughter-in-law. When I started my blog I only thought of it as a place to secure photos in case my computer crashed again, and a few memories for our son to read as the years went by. I didn't realize that people would actually be dropping by or that there would be an interest in any of the things I had to share, and didn't realize I would be meeting so many wonderful friends from all over the world who have the most fantastic blogs for me to enjoy. This blogging world is truly phenomenal.

My photos were taken at various places, various times.





29 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,
    I wish all the best to your son and hes wife. A wonderful life together.

    I liked your flowers, like allways, they are superbs.
    Have a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Denise! I love those beautiful flowers of yours especially the first one very blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A honeymoon in Italy - how wonderful!
    Hope tonight's dinner is a big success. I'm sure it will be.
    See you in blogland soon. :)
    Lovely flowers and greenery today.

    My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the photos of the bridal entourage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise: I hope all went well, those are some beautiful flower captures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All love for your son and his wife! Congratulations and God bless you all!
    Léia & Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely last predated post, Denise. Gorgeous photos! We'll be waiting to hear about the wedding. Blogging really is such a wonderful way to make friendly connections with the whole world. I love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice flower pictures! I have to agree that meeting blogging friends from around the world is a highlight in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful mix of flowers. I hope your son's wedding was a joyous celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best wishes to your son and his wife! Wonderful flower pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers. I love the white ones especially. It will be good to have you back Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you said 'This blogging world is truly phenomenal'.
    I started my blog to comment on a friend's blog and now I have wonderful friends all around the world.

    The Crepe Myrtles is a very nice flower.

    Good week, sucess on your dinner and happiness for your son and his wifw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hard to believe the wedding is over...and they are off to italy. wish i could have provided some notes to them regarding. take care and enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Denise ,
    what a great photo of a rose nad evenso the other flowers are so weel shown by you!!!

    Thanks greetings JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely flower series ... the PINK in the first is fabulous!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Olá Denise

    Great series of marvelous flowers!
    Hope you are very well!
    Have a nice week, my friend.

    Luiz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations once again.
    These are lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Denise - do hope you all had a wonderful day and looking forward to seeing the bridal flowers! Very best wishes to your son and new daughter in law. A x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours with lot of variety.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The flowers are gorgeous! Congrats to your son and his wife, wishing them a blissfull life in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh yes, blogging is an amazing experience, is it not? All the best to your new, expanded family, to a really fine photographer. I do appreciate your visits although I am sometimes slow in returning the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful flowers! Congratualations to your son...and to you in gaining a daughter :)

    My Today's Flowers post here:
    http://kreationsbykerri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. so beautiful photos and flowers :)
    have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely flowers! And congratulations for your son and daughter-in-law! Have a nice night!

    ReplyDelete