Sunday, June 21, 2009

TODAY'S FLOWERS

Repeat message on all meme's I normally participate in: For those who don't know, I'm pre-dating posts for a while as we're getting ready for our son's wedding on June 27th. Things will be back to normal and I will be visiting blogs again between two and three weeks from now.
One old, one new. The photo above is from a reunion of my husband's family in North Dakota in 2004. These pretty flowers were at the house of one of Gregg's aunts, at a gathering where I got to meet many of hubby's relatives I had not had the chance to meet before. We had a lovely time. I was quite taken with the cowboy boot planter as I had not seen anything like that before and thought it very clever.
These plants were in the office of an employee at the local government center. We had to sign a form for our future-daughter-in-law's church, giving our blessings on their marriage and saying we had no objection. The form had to be officially stamped by a notary. These plants were in the notary's office and I asked if she would mind if I took a photo of them. They are only three of the many that lined the shelves around the windows. I admired her obvious green thumb.

TODAY’S FLOWER’S is a wonderful meme created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr. You can find beautiful and unusual flowers from all over the world by clicking here.

21 comments:

Titania said...

Hi Denise, great oictures of yesterday and today! Have a happy time.

Titania said...

Sorry Denise, oictures is not "Australian" I missed the P!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely flowers and plants - the boot planter is different! A x

SandyCarlson said...

These are lovely.

BarbiePhobia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
i beati said...

they always make such a warm heartfelt statement about the owner

Carver said...

Those are both lovely shots. I think the boot planter is so much fun. I hope the wedding preparations are going well.

Rosamaria said...

Beautiful!

Happiness to your son always!

Pacey said...

Oh, yeah the boots are so clever and very eye catching. have a great time on the wedding denise.

Jama said...

I thought it's a clever use of someone's unwanted boot as planter! lol

storyteller said...

Lovely flowers ... unique planters ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

diane said...

The boot is a hoot!

Regina said...

It's so lovely.
Have a nice week Denise.

MedaM said...

Beautiful post! I especially like the first photo with that interesting boot planter.

Abe Lincoln said...

This is a nice collection of plants for the absence.

Carla said...

I also love that boot planter! Very clever.

Eve said...

I love the boot Denise! And the dragonfly below. A sneaky fellow for sure!

mommanator said...

VERY PRETTY, GETTING EXCITED I BET, WEDDING SO SOON, CANT WAIT FOR PICS OF THAT

tricia said...

Pretty plants. Hope you're enjoying your days.

T and S said...

That shoe shaped flower vase is cool...Thomas

Julie said...

pretty flowers.