Friday, June 19, 2009

My Mother's Birthday

Today is my Mother's birthday. Her name is Joan and she passed away 15 years ago. My memories of Mum when I was a little girl was of her playing snakes and ladders with my sister and me and making up lovely stories at bedtime. I used to love listening to them, never getting tired of hearing about handsome princes and beautiful princesses and far away places. Thanks for all the games Mum and for all those lovely stories, and for my Bunty and Judy annuals that I excitedly looked forward to each Christmas. She taught me that using an imagination was such great fun. Happy Birthday Mum, I love you!

11 comments:

  1. oh dear Denise!
    Adorable tribute!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alovely tribute to your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have such clear and fond memories Denise. A lovely tribute to your mum. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesnt matter how long they are gone still missed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tribute Denise.

    Bunty and Judy, oh my goodness! What memories, I had them both and loved them but I think my favourite was always Bunty.

    I loved the Watery Wednesday photos and all good wishes with the wedding preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brought fond memories of my own mother. When I was little, we used to sit at the table together and color. Sweet memories, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tribute to another beautiful English Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This noble post brought tears to my eyes. No wonder we love your blog and YOU!
    Aloha
    Cloudia's Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a beautiful mother and she gave you so many precious memories to sustain you after she was gone.

    ReplyDelete