Monday, June 8, 2009

A Dog Goes Along For A Ride

I found this photo in the visitors' center at Big Meadows. I love the old car but what caught my attention was the dog carrier. A little different huh?

Also Gregg just told me something that I wanted to share. Some of you out there might know about this already but it was new to us. Flickr has a page here. They have picked out the most incredible photographs. The author of the book - Jeff Jarvis (What Would Google Do?) who mentioned this on page number 89, said it is addictive as there are what seems like thousands of spectacular photographs to browse through. You just hit the 'reload' button on the page to go to the next set. I am going back there right now.


12 comments:

Kay said...

Those are incredible shots on Flickr. Just amazing actually. I love this doggie carrier. The dogs must love it.

Lawstude said...

at first look i thought the dog was driving lol. amazing pic.

jeannette stgermain said...

How cute, the dog carrier has even a little roof (or whatchemecallit?)

Sandy Kessler said...

Since it's a basket, one would be amazed the dog would stay put??Still whimsical and lovely Sandy

Eve said...

People and their dogs...we've been together for a very long time!

Denise said...

Kay, they are pretty amazing photos on Flickr, and that doggie carrier was pretty inventive.

Lawstude, I can see why you thought that dog was driving, I had to take a double look myself.

Jeannette, it seems they thought of everything.

Sandy, the same thought crossed my mind. I looked closely at the dog's neck and thought I saw a chain, but am still not sure.

Eve, isn't that the truth.

Thank you for stopping by everyone.

Patty said...

How clever for the doggie ride. I wonder if the photos at Flickr are free for anyone to use?

Cezar and Léia said...

Funny idea! Fabulous pictures and this dog is really enjoying its moment there!;-)
Léia

Denise said...

Patty, I don't think so. I think we would have to ask permission of their owners, but I could be wrong.

Cezar and Léia, he certainly was.

Julie said...

How cool is that dog carrier. Very clever.

Yolanda said...

I love this shot of the dog. I am glad to have your blog.

Lanny said...

Ingenious! And an adorable dog to boot!