Monday, June 15, 2009

Days Gone By

These are the latest old photos we've come across, on the occasion of Gregg's graduation from the United States Naval Academy in 1969. Hard to believe that it was 40 years ago this month. The first photo shows Gregg with his Mom, Dad and sister. I was 19 at the time, still living my life in England and totally oblivious what fate had in store for me a few years later.

Gregg with his Mom and Dad. His Mom passed away a few years ago, so these photos are very special.

In the photo above and below he is with an Aunt and Uncle who came out from Montana for his graduation and I see his Mom smiling behind them. They also passed away several years ago.

Gregg with his aunt. I am happy that I got to meet her on a trip to North Dakota at one of the family reunions, and we also corresponded for many years. I never met Gregg's uncle.
All the Midshipmen on the parade ground. Gregg is in there somewhere.

Gregg in his parade uniform afterwards.
This must have been taken not too long before they returned home. Gregg had a month off before he was sent to his first assignment.

13 comments:

i beati said...

where does it go?time what a proud day ..sandy

jabblog said...

Happy memories! We also have been scanning old photographs - so evocative.

Grammy said...

Those are all wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Denise!Gregg is so great using that uniform! ;-)
Fabulous pictures!The ladies are so well dressed , très chic!
Many thanks for sharing these adorable pictures!
have a nice week!
God bless you
Léia

Abe Lincoln said...

I am glad to see these old photos, as you called them. They show a lifetime of memories for you and for Greg.

I posted a picture of my mom back in the late 1920s. Boy times have really changed.

Margaret Cloud said...

What a nice tribute to Greg, he looks so handsome in both uniforms. All the pictures are very nice. Thank you for coming by, have a great week.

mommanator said...

he and his nuncle stand exactly the same wya!

Mary said...

Wonderful! Arean't you glad he got to England and you met him?? We're certainly glad he brought you back here :-)

Kay said...

I love it! Gregg looks terrific in his uniform. These photos are really a precious, wonderful memento. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great photographs. I have never been in any branch of the armed services but I have what I guess would be a "navy family" with two relatives who graduated at Annapolis and one of which made admiral. My brother was a navy enlisted man until he retired.

There is nothing quite like a navy dress uniform.

tricia said...

Great old photos. Thanks for letting us have a look.

diane said...

Lovely memories. he looks so smart in uniform. I can see why you fell for him. Tell us your love story.

Ebie said...

He is a tall fine good looking gentleman (catch)! I have saved a lot of old photographs too, some in sepia and black and white. I love them all! Memories that last a lifetime.