Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I don't often share forwards that I receive in my e-mails because more often than not we have seen them many times before, but a friend sent this one to me today and it is so very heart-warming I wanted to share it with you all. Thanks Gerri! I don't know where the story originated. It is just one of those feel-good stories I love to hear about. Even though Noah isn't actually a 'mommy', I thought this would be a great post for Mother's Day.

To all the Mothers out there, I would like to wish you
A Very Happy Mother's Day!
~

These little bunnies, about 6 days old, were attacked by a dog and orphaned. Two out of the litter of five did not survive, and these three were not doing very well.

Noah is a non-releasable, one-legged homing pigeon that we have here in rehab. Noah kept going over to the bunny cage and looking in...even sleeping in front of the door to the cage. Then, 2 days ago, I only counted 2 bunnies in the cage, so I hurriedly picked Noah up from the front of the cage so I could look inside. And to my surprise...there was the tiny bunny...under Noah's wing...sound asleep! The bunny had crawled through the cage....preferring a featherbed, no doubt.

Now, they are all together, and the bunnies are doing GREAT. When the bunnies scoot underneath Noah's feathers, he extends his wings out to surround them..and they snuggle.. When one of them moves and they start sticking out here and there, he gently pushes them back under him with his beak. This is amazing!





24 comments:

  1. That is just amazing and I love the shots. It's wonderful how strong and how sweet the paternal instinct is.

    Happy Mother's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story. Denise, thanks so much for sharing it. Happy Mother's Day, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great story, Denise, of how not only people, but also animals can take care of each other. Have a great Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, sweet story. Thanks for sharing. Happy Mother's Day to you as well Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! This is so beautiful. What a perfect post for Mother's Day. Have a terrific day, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I comment here, I'm running in to blab this to my hubby! Wow..this was so touching! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story..right before I sleep too! Awesome-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's an amazing story and the shots are just so sweet and so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shots for Mother's Day! I am glad that you decided to share this email with us. I never have seen these photos before. Have a great week and happy mother's day, Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How utterly delightful and what a lovely surrogate mothers day post.
    Happy Momthers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Animals never stop amazing me. Happy mothers' day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh thats so cute

    happy mothers day!!!

    its nice to be here in you blog
    happy mothers day!!!

    hope you could take time to visit me too

    www.bluedreamer27.blogspot.com

    have a great day and happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. Animals are just so amazing....
    Their motherly instincts have no bounderies or class distinctions, just pure love and nuturing from the heart.
    A fitting post for today !
    Happy Mother's Day to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic story dear Denise!
    Lovely!
    Happy Mother's Day!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing, and have a great Mother's Day celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing thing! I'm delighted that you shared this story today. Thanks so much ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I also love this story, it is heart warming! Happy Mother's Day, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing and wonderful story! And they look so cute on the photos - heartwarming! This only show that natur will always find a way, Sometimes with a little help from a nice human family!

    Happy Mothersday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Denise this warmed my heart for sure!!
    Wishing you the Happiest Mother's Day! hugs NG

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think more people need to be like God's creatures and the world would be a better place. These pictures are so heart warming, it did touch my heart, thanks for sharing. Thank you for coming by also./

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet story, so caring! Happy Mother's Day.
    Thanks for popping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm very happy you all enjoyed this post. Thank you so much for commenting on it.

    ReplyDelete