Saturday, May 9, 2009

Camera Critters

Camera Critters is another wonderful meme hosted by Misty Dawn. You can find other critter photos by clicking on the icon below. Thank you Misty.

I took photos of these turtles the other day, actually just two of them though there were lots more around. These drifted in front of my camera lens.

I was quite shocked to see how much moss and algae had grown on this one's back. I didn't notice how much until the photo was enlarged on the computer screen later on that day. Told quite a story, at the very least he has been around a very long time, a veritable great-grandpa of a turtle and a pretty good size.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew algae and stuff grew on turtle shells. Looks kind of freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is an interesting series of photos. The first photo I like the most; it seems to me the most attractive.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had one, it was very old, it belonged to my grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous post! She is cuuuutttteeee!
    I love turtles a lot!I had one when I was a kid! Cool memories!Nowadays only cats, or "the"cat, in my life! LOL
    Have a nice weekend
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is carrying his garden around with him. A great photo of him and hs growth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots.... I really like the first one.

    I didn't know that moss and algae grew on turtle shells. Camera Critters is such a wonderful meme, you learn so many interesting things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's interesting to know that moss and algae grow on turtles shell. Great shots! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness! Poor little guy! I didn't know that could happen! Hope it is not making any difficulties for him - or her!

    Great captures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's wishing Granpa Turtle many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first one looks like a red earred slider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic camouflage! No wonder he has lasted so long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you should see the manatee- they have all kinds of stuff growing on them

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the first photo a lot, he looks much younger from a distance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures. That is cool how it had all the algea on it. Very interesting. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. I never knew that stuff grew on them. That's kind of gross.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing discovery and photos. I had no idea this could happen.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting everyone.

    ReplyDelete