Saturday, May 16, 2009

An Angel in Arlington

Silently one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven
Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots, of angels.
~
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent of quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that sore above
Enjoy such liberty.
~
Richard Lovelace
Ever felt an angel's breath in the gentle breeze?
A teardrop in the falling rain?
Hear a whisper amongst the rustle of leaves?
Or been kissed by a lone snowflake?
Nature is an angel's favorite hiding place.
~
Carrie Latet


(You will find this beautiful Angel in Arlington National Cemetery)

8 comments:

Kay said...

Beautiful photos of the angel statue. The color of the sky really make the angel stand out and shine.

Marie Reed said...

This is just breathtaking! I can't get enough of her!

Marie Reed said...

I hope it's ok if I use her as my computer's wall paper?

T and S said...

Neat shot and I like the accompanying script as well.

Cezar and Léia said...

wow Denise!
This post is outstanding! wonderful picture of this angel!
Léia

Kilauea Poetry said...

Wow..love the backdrop! This is really beautiful..you've reflected something of the same of yourself-

2sweertnsaxy said...

That was beautiful!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

It never ceases to amaze me how one thing can lead to another and another here in the land of blog. I was visiting Marie at her postcard blog and did something I don't always do...read the other comments and saw yours from N VA :) We live in Chantilly and I adore flowers and angels in cemeteries......and just thought I would say hello and head back for a closer look at your lovely blog!