Monday, April 6, 2009

The Squirrel Cometh!

I finally got round to buying some dried corn on the cob. I haven't taken any squirrel pictures for at least two hours - yes I jest - so thought it was time to entice the little darlings back into camera range. If you throw it out they will come, to coin a phrase. This one appeared in such a rush that he was a blur. I really have to remember to adjust my camera settings but I liked the effect of my blurry little fella. He saw that corn and he zoned in.

Now from the squirrel's point of view:

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun but no, that definitely is not Juliet, it's that crazy lady with the black box attached to the front of her face. She really ought to do something about that. Maybe her Romeo played a joke and super-glued it to her nose. Nahhh, he wouldn't do that, he's way too nice.

Scary! I think I'll stay up here for a while. If I ignore her maybe she'll go away but that corn looks real tasty and I missed breakfast.

She must be a patient individual. I stayed up there for a long, long time but she didn't disappear like I wanted her to. She sipped her tea and waited me out, so here I am. Well, I'm not looking at her, let's see how she likes that. Hmmmmm...........she just said what a pretty tail I had.

She's right of course, I do have the prettiest tail around, even better than that skunk I keep bumping into around the neighborhood, but not too often, he only comes out at night. She tells me I am not as aromatic as Pepé Le Pew. Who the heck is that? Time to show her my super-duper tail.

She seems harmless enough, what do you say? I think I'll give her a break and stay perfectly still so that she can photograph my best side.

I look pretty good from the front too.

Look at her get excited because I got closer to the window. She's jumping up and down. She almost forgot to take a photograph. Between you, me and the lamppost I think she's two nuts short of an oak tree.

She really is a daft nelly but she just told me she would put more corn cobs out if I would be nice enough to visit early in the morning.

I do believe she's jumping up and down again because I'm practically right under her nose. Doesn't take much to keep black-box lady happy.

These corn cobs are delish and she's not so scary anymore. I'm getting used to the silly old thing.
And she keeps telling me I'm cute, a real super star! I'll be back!

21 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Just beautiful Denise - your little friend is so cute. Tell him he has cute cousins in Somerset in the UK too! You have been really patient to get those shots. I'm trying to get some of the blue tits showing interest in our bird house, so I'd just better make myself a cuppa and settle down. A x

fishing guy said...

Denise: What a cute little Grey Squirrel, great photos.

Cezar and Léia said...

Cute Cute Cute!
I loved this post!
By the way...what imaginations! You write so well! Congratulations!
It fits perfectly with your pictures!
God bless you
Léia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Oh those squirrels are cute. Until they get in attic of your house!
Great pictures.

Sailor Girl said...

OMG!!! How Sweet!!!!!!! I love squirrels (though I have never seen one)

Bengbeng said...

i just love this post because of the squirrel pics. well done

The Good Life in Virginia said...

what a delightful post of your squirrel encounter. enjoyed it very much.

Margaret Cloud said...

Denise, these are darling pictures and very clear, nice job and thanks for sharing, thank you for coming by.

Reader Wil said...

What a lovely series of photos and the captions are so great! You made this a real life story! Thanks for showing and for your visit.

MedaM said...

Oh, this is really, so lovely! These series of photos is just spectacular! It made me smile. Thanks for that. :-)

tricia said...

Love the photos and your captions are perfect-- they made me laugh. Great way to start my day. Thank ya much. :)

imac said...

Love the angle of using furry's voice, really made the post interesting.All great captures.

Patty said...

How clever. How many squirrels do you think you have? We have way too many around here. They will even chew the cord we have the feeder hanging from, and then it drops down with a bang. I told Abe we need to hang it with wire.

Daughter stayed home today, since her daughter is on Spring break. She took Friday and today off as vacation days, so she would have a four day week-end with her. So today she is fixing lunch, I don't have to worry about it. She's making stuffed peppers.

Kay said...

I have always felt those squirrels really were thinking thoughts just like that when we were in Illinois. Such fascinating creatures. Your photos are marvelous, Denise.

Diane C. said...

These squirrel pictures are delightful! I miss seeing tree squirrels. I grew up watching them in California, but then moved to the desert where there aren't any. Thank you for sharing your super star squirrel.

Leedra said...

Worth the cob of corn.

Leedra’s Photos For Fun

Leedra’s Greeting Cards

Photography By Leedra

Janie said...

What a cute squirrel, and he's quite a blogger, too!
Funny and great photos.

J said...

This is great. :) It put a smile on my face as I was contemplating teaching a difficult class.

Tina said...

that was great! love squirels! they are so curious!

Denise said...

Thanks for the lovely comments. So very nice of you all. Makes my day :)

Misty Dawn said...

I LOVE this post! Your photos are great, and you are hilarious! "lady with that black box attached to her face" bwahahahahaha. This was so much fun, I'm going to read it again now!