Monday, April 20, 2009

On our way home yesterday we see deer.

We have had a really nice weekend. Gregg has wanted to go over to the National Harbor for a while now. It is about an hour from home and we spent a very pleasant time looking around on Sunday afternoon, photos of which I will share over the next few days. On our way home Gregg spotted these deer in someone's garden and these are the photos he took.

Aren't they just gorgeous? They were part of a herd of six. All of them eyed us with a very curious stare, ever wary of what we were doing. We stopped for a while and they stayed around long enough for Gregg to take these photographs.





It is as if they said, "That's enough, time for you to be on your way. We are out of here!" and they were gone. They gave us a super gift to take home with us. It was a perfect ending to the day. We weren't really expecting to see anything but this is a quiet country road and you just never know.

24 comments:

  1. great shots of the deer...you were lucky to capture them ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Denise!
    I have never seen a deer in my lifetime!
    Perfect pictures!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos! The deers are so beautiful. You're so lucky for seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine shots - They're so pretty & clear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was nice of them Denise! Great pictures. Hey that last picture...the purple flowering tree there...do you know what that is??? I saw them all the way south through VA and Tenn. I would love to know what they are...so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely images of the Deer Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are great. he looks really interested and curious to whos taking his picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are wonderful pictures of the deer. Here, I do not get a chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise: Wonderful deer captures, you can never show too many.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos. The simplest thing are the nicest things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful event you captured! I love the color of the buds on the tree when enlarged. Gorgeous purple.

    Thank you for a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think deer are some of the most beautiful creatures. How awesome that you were able to watch them for a while. Great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am enthralled by deer and these are superb photos--thanks for sharing!
    Also, your post of flowers for today is like taking a vacation all in one visit.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post and pics.

    pop and see my - Parallels Of Time.
    by S. Mackinder (c) April 1994.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots-- the last one looks like the deer were posing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, how nice to them to pose. I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful shots. I think the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did well!! I live with the deers all around me. I wake up to them along my walks to work but I still cannot bore of the photos that people capture. They are such beautiful forest creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm following you now...have a great one..tc!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these pictures..I've been noticing a few here and there on blogs! Such a treat..your very fortunate-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhhhhhh I love love love that last shot! That is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are sooo beautiful. Yes the last shot is great.

    ReplyDelete