Saturday, April 4, 2009

I met a new friend today....

Here she is but she left before telling me her name. Maybe I will bump into her again. We were walking near the Old Stone House on the Manassas Civil War Battlefield. Her Mum was taking photos just like me, and knowing we connected through our mutual love of photography, I asked if she would mind if I took a photo of her and she was happy to oblige. My little friend showered me with lots of kisses before I left her and Mum to continue with their photography session. By then it was time for us to go.

She was very interested in other photographers. It was getting close to sunset and there were quite a few.

Little Friend lost interest and I saw her drifting off to sleep. I know exactly how she felt. Gregg and I had been out for several hours and I was feeling like a snooze myself.

16 comments:

  1. My heart is howling with joy!
    Aloha-

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely adorable pooch!

    I want one ... I want an adorable pooch now!

    Happy ya had such fun though, and the darling falling asleep. I nearly swooned due to the sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ears are soo cute! Hope you'll meet her again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such terrific photos, Denise. What an adorable dog and she obviously loved you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is lovely!
    you had a great surprise!
    Thanks for sharing these pictures!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty little dog Denise, hope you find out her name. I usually make friends with cats when I go out - they always answer when I say hello! A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie Denise...good work asking for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable little dog. I love dogs, but at 72, I don't want to go through house breaking another, having to load them up and take them to the vet, clean up the dog poo from the yard. They are company, but you can't just go and leave them for a day or two like yo can a cat. So our daughter's cat that is living with is, seems to give Abe some company since he really missed our last dog we had to have put to sleep. We have a total of five dogs, one cat, and an asst. of birds, gerbils, hamsters, fish and one guinea pig in our backyard. I say that's enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise: What a cutie, a friendly little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a Papillon, one of the oldest purebreed dogs.
    They are a lovely breed, since they hold on to their playfullness even in old age.
    Lovely pictures Denise, I feel like I've met an new friend too !

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got a cute new friend there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Is that how the mum "walks" the dog?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting everyone, great seeing you here.

    ReplyDelete