Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April 1st

 

"Hark, I hear a robin calling!
List, the wind is from the south!
And the orchard-bloom is falling
Sweet as kisses on the mouth.
In the dreamy vale of beeches
Fair and faint is woven mist,
And the river's orient reaches
Are the palest amethyst.
Every limpid brook is singing
Of the lure of April days;
Every piney glen is ringing
With the maddest roundelays.
Come and let us seek together
Springtime lore of daffodils,
Giving to the golden weather
Greeting on the sun-warm hills."
~
Lucy Maud Montgomery
Spring Song
~
Photo taken by me at Meadowlark Gardens, Vienna, Virginia

16 comments:

tricia said...

Absolutely stunning photo and wonderful poem. Happy April 1st to you too. :)

I love the frame.

Denise said...

I see there is another night owl awake. Thank you Tricia, Happy April 1st.

Tina said...

lovely poem. i wonder what tricks people have gone in store for today!

Michele said...

Such a pretty poem and an awesome photo to boot!! Fantastic!
I wish you a good April 1st day!!

Hugs♥

Cezar and Léia said...

Fantastic post card and wonderful lyrics following it!
:-)
God bless you
Léia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nice poem to wake up to. Thanks,

Denise said...

Tina, thank you. I hope not too many.

Michele, thank you too. Coming from such an awesome photographer as yourself, I am very happy you like my photograph.

Léia, you are always so kind. Thank you and God Bless.

Yogi, you're very welcome. Glad you like it.

Regina said...

Nice post. I like it. I drop by only now. I wasn't feeling well lately. By the way thank you so much for visiting my entry. Happy April 1st.

Patty said...

Beautiful springtime photo. Happy April Fools Day to you.

Daryl said...

Happy April 1st .. suffer no fools today or any day!

Janie said...

What a nice spring poem and photo. Happy April!

diane said...

Beautiful photo and frame. You herald spring while we applaud Autumn.

Denise said...

Thank you all for visiting this post. Sure was nice to see you here.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a beautiful photo, I could just melt into it :)
Love your poem, it's so fitting.

George said...

What a wonderful poem with a wonderful picture to match.

disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.