Saturday, April 18, 2009

Camera Critters

Camera Critters is another wonderful weekly meme. You can find other like-themed photos by clicking on the icon above.

I have never had the good fortune to see a bear in the wild but ever since I was a year old and my parents gave me my first teddybear, which I carried with me all through my childhood, I have been enamored with them. I still have a teddbear collection which includes that first one whom I simply named "Teddy" and he is in pride of place. There are also lots of figurines, and it doesn't stop there. I collect photos of them whenever I can, and books. These in my photos I found in a lovely shop in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
I coveted them all but I especially coveted the carved bear holding the toilet tissue. Yes, hub's expression said it all but to use an old English expression from eons passed, I'm 'potty' about bears and I could just see him in our small bathroom downstairs. Alas my piggy bank didn't have enough cash in it, and priorites always seem to be elsewhere. I did, however, find out where I can buy one, you never know do you? And just in case that day ever comes, they have a website here.
I coveted this big guy too. I have the perfect place for him, just as you come in the front door he will be my greeter. Better still he can be my new burglar alarm and I'll give him a loud roar set off by a motion sensor when anyone tries to climb through a window or break through the front door. I think any intruder would fly right back out again don't you? Better still I can get a real live bear, in my world I most definitely would, a kind and gentle bear. Well, my dear Dad always said I had a great imagination!
But I do love this bear.

23 comments:

  1. wow He is "huge"and beautiful!
    Hello Dear Denise!
    Wonderful post!
    These pictures are outstanding!
    I need to confess that I have mine too and I sleep embraced with my plush toys every night!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love bears too. BB gets so embarrassed when I cuddle them in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bear pictures. My MIL has two wooden bears at her house. I have a photo of one of them in my post today (non camera critter).

    ReplyDelete
  4. ops...that is huge bear ;)

    My entry this week: in HERE. I hope that you can stop by as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bears! Even the huge one. I kind of agree to your idea. Have a great weekend, Denise :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is beautiful, and I think it's a great idea to place him in your foyer. Love the idea of scaring intruders with a recorded roar. I'm chuckling as I imagine them tripping over themselves to get back out the door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous series of photos, love them so beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post!

    Nothing like a bear hug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific bear collection, Denise! I love your bear carvings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute and wonderful.

    pop and see the latest built Steam Engine = The Tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scary to see how big they are close up. Wouldn't want to run up against one on the open trail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely animals and the bear in your photo looks so cuddly! A x

    ReplyDelete
  13. he is huge!!

    I love the wood carvings

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love bears, too. Fell in love when I was a little girl and started collecting in my 30's. These are great. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you ever go to Yellowstone Park you most likely will see a bear in the wild. It's quite the experience to come upon a bear on the trail! For being close, I prefer the soft stuffed teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Denise. Thank you so much for your visit and your very kind comment. I like your Teddy post. It is a great hobby to collect the cute fellows. I have many, some are leftovers from my daughters and grand kids. But I have a very special one which belonged to my mother. I have one called Oliver which actually belongs to my youngest daughter, we gave it to her when she returned from overseas! Somehow he stayed with me. Now all the teddies are living a life of leisure in the guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The carved bears are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very unusual bear statues. nice to see them altogether in their pack!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your camera critters entry this time around - so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want the fishing one!!! Those are SO cool!

    Someday... you'll get one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just went to the carving website, and I wanted to run back and tell you that my dad does these. I don't know if you ever saw the photos of the howling wolf that he carved for me or not, but I posted them on my blog.

    ReplyDelete