Saturday, April 4, 2009

And now for a change of pace.

And yes I seem to be all over the place with my photos. Nothing new there. I have been passing this letterbox for years. It is located in my father-in-law's neighborhood. I am going to take a guess and say that someone in this house likes golf. What do you think?

Golf is like a love affair. If you don't take it seriously, it's no fun; if you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart. ~Arthur Daley

Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: taking long walks and hitting things with a stick. ~P.J. O'Rourke

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive. ~Arnold Palmer

I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them. ~Harry Toscano

I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford

I just hope I don't have to explain all the times I've used His name in vain when I get up there. ~Bob Hope, about his golfing

I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose. ~Gerald Ford

One under a tree, one under a bush, one under the water. ~Lee Trevino, describing how he was one under during a tournament.

A golfer's diet: live on greens as much as possible. ~Author Unknown

If I hit it right, it's a slice. If I hit it left, it's a hook. If I hit it straight, it's a miracle. ~Author Unknown

May thy ball lie in green pastures... and not in still waters. ~Author Unknown

9 comments:

  1. Well!
    Will ya look at that!

    Aloha from golf-mad Hawaii

    LOL
    Very cool, D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so amazing! I wonder how he got that made. It's truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Denise
    Fun post, love the look of that postbox and the sayings are so true. Will have to show them to Dh - need you ask why? lol
    Seeing this post box has given me an idea for a blog post
    Take care
    Csthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post box! My OH would like that! Love the quotes too Denise. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like playing golf but I don't play anymore. Funny quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no doubts!
    Great picture Denise!I liked the quotes as well!
    God bless you
    Léia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Entertaining post! I love to see unusual mailboxes that tell something about the owners. Golfing looks like a wonderful pastime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a golfer but I appreciate the hummor, the mailbox on the other hand?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A house up the street from our house has a mailbox just like the one you pictured. Thanks for all the quotes concerning golf.

    ReplyDelete