Monday, March 16, 2009

Days Gone By

The little boy on the pony is our son Brad. He will be 30 this year, hard to believe. When this photo was taken he was four years' old. Gregg, Brad and I were visiting my family in England. My sister and her husband used to live in a small village in Worcestershire. Brad was celebrating his birthday and my sister arranged for friends to bring over one of their ponies for him to ride. As you can see he had a great time, even though shortly after these photos were taken he fell off when the pony got a bit active. It didn't phase him, fortunately it wasn't that far to the ground and after a few hearts skipped a beat or two, mine included, he got right back in that saddle and enjoyed the rest of his ride.
It is not enough for a man to know how to ride, he must know how to fall.
~Mexican Proverb~
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
~Winston Churchill~

Horses and children, I often think, have a lot of the good sense in the world.

~Josephine Demott Robinson~

10 comments:

  1. I like the first Mexican proverb - how true! Yes, little children grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves these photos accompanied with the quotes.

    " It is not enough for a man to know how to ride, he must know how to fall." is a true one.

    And I bet you had a larger scare from the fall than he did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Denise, I enjoy the photos and the words that go with them. I think photographs are one of the most wonderful things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise
    Nice post - love looking at old photos and reliving the memories
    Does Brad ride now?
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Denise!
    So wonderful memories! I loved this post !Certainly it was an unforgettable moment for you all.
    Nice proverbs!
    :-) Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy memories. I bet it seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet series of pics :)
    and the quotes go so aptly with the pics.

    i always had a thing for ponies when i was young...alas we were city dwellers so i didn't get a lot of pony time but...a couple of times a year i did get to endulge my inner cowgirl.


    have a good monday denise.

    always

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice pictures, Brad does look like he is having fun and good for him for getting back on. Brad looks tall for his age, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. He looks like he's having a grand time.
    Love the quotes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the quote. I have such wonderful memories of riding as a child. I can tell these photos bring back memories of a good time too.

    Leedra’s Photos For Fun

    Leedra’s Greeting Cards

    Photography By Leedra

    ReplyDelete