Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Power of a Hug

I have added another blog to my ever-growing list. I will add more I am sure and because I love blogging as much as I do and don't want to miss as much as one, that list is going to get so long I am going to be able to wrap it around the world soon.

I discovered this video at Pomegranate Dreams and left a message with its owner Tillybud, asking her if she would mind me sharing it here. I am a big believer in the power of a hug and I felt so uplifted after watching it.

Tillybud has a great blog with the most wonderful posts and her writing just flows. If you visit you will spend a very pleasant time there as I did. Thanks Tillybud!



If you find those adverts that YouTube put on under the video a little distracting, you can find the 'x' and get rid of them. I know advertisements are their life-blood but with all due respect they can detract from the video somewhat. At the same time I do thank YouTube for a way out of the advert.

10 comments:

  1. It took him a little while to get going but he put a lot of smiles on people's faces that day and probably made their day. It just shows the power of a hug. The skate boarder made me laugh too. I'll be sure to pop over to Tillybud's place too. Thanks for this Denise. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me weep, it made me laugh, I am such a sap but what a great video!

    Off to vist Tillybud..

    Meanwhile many (((((HUGS))))) to you..all free!

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs are wonderful. A tip, If you pause the video on YouTube, then click the X to get rid of the advertisement, then click play, it does not come back. Sometimes if you click the X, it will pop up the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Denise! I`m here with tears of joy! So wonderful! Many thanks for this great hint!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video.
    We could all use a free hug.
    This reminds me of the movie Pay it Forward. Pass on the hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sniff Sniff...my eyes got watery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a great idea. I have seen it before and I believe you can access his story somwhere. He has done it in many places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind words. This clip still makes me teary - but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited Tillybud and you are right..she is a wonderful writer. I thoroughly enjoyed her last couple of entries. I also loved that hugs video it made me smile....and almost cry..thanks for sharing it...I think others felt the same! Maria

    ReplyDelete