Friday, February 13, 2009

Ready for the Weekend

I am always ready for the weekend. I am not sure what we will be doing, nothing too exciting, pottering around probably. Gregg and I have been talking about going on a ride somewhere, choosing another favorite spot and going for a nice long walk. But we always play things by ear and don't normally plan anything too far ahead, so whether we go on that road trip still remains to be seen. Just a seed of thought right now. It has been another fast week. Yesterday I met up with a friend at Wegmans (one of my favorite supermarkets). They have a nice sitting area upstairs with comfy chairs in one corner, the kind you might have at home,that you can sink into and relax. We bought a breakfast sandwich and a coffee, took it upstairs and managed to chat away three-and-a-half hours. Always fun to get together with friends. I hope you all have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I want that kitty, so cute and the hearts are so pretty. Hope you have a great weekend, no matter what you do and Happy Valentine's Day to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is always wonderful to spend time with good friends. Have a terrific Valentines Day with Gregg! No matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a quiet weekend as Bob will be away all next week from early Monday morning. Hope you and Gregg have a Happy Valentine's Day too. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time Wednesday comes, I am so ready for the weekend. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitty has just the right idea!!! I'd like to take a drive this weekend in the country & get some new shots of the countryside! Sounds like another right idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you have a great weekend too, and valentines day. i always look forward to the weekends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to relax, just to sit and chat over a coffee with friends! For a long time we didn't have a Starbucks where I lived in England, so I used to do that at Waitrose......do you remember it?!

    Have a great weekend - the weather should be good for walking!
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats have the art of comfort completely nailed down. :-)

    I hope you and Gregg have a lovely Valentine's weekend, whatever you decide to do.

    Also, thanks for stopping by and commiserating with the teething troubles, you have my complete sympathy, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great Valentine's Day - i'm posting my own blog-interpretation, while I will be gone for the weekend (my hubby needs to do a job in the desert area)-so seeya on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitten sums up my feelings at then end of many days. I hope you had a great Valentine weekend.

    ReplyDelete