Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just what we need, more snow photos.

We haven't had much snow to speak of. Two weeks ago we had about three or four inches but it really didn't hang around. This morning, as I often do, I was looking through some old photos and came across these. The first two were taken a few years ago at a place I have mentioned before, Walney Pond. We often go there at different times, different seasons. No, those aren't all my footprints and I didn't go around and around and around the pond on my walk, so you can see it is a popular walking spot even in the winter time. It was too cold to stay out long as wrapped up as I was and it wasn't long after Gregg took this shot that I cried uncle. We were both ready to head for home where I immediately reached for my favorite mug and filled it with hot chocolate and as he doesn't drink the stuff, I seem to remember making Gregg a cup of PG Tips (brand of tea to those who don't know).
Another year and another snowfall, and seeing that the roads were passable we made our way once again to our favorite spot. It was beautiful, peaceful and quiet, and we were the only mad fools around. At other times of the year you often see people having a picnic or a barbecue at the tables under the gazebo.
Another year, another snowfall. I had filled up the bird feeders at home and sprinkled seed on the rail for our feathered friends.

14 comments:

  1. I know it keeps me busy filling our bird feeders, I find just sprinkling the seeds on the ground works great, because some of the birds seem to big for the feeders we have. I also sprinkle it on the window sills in the office area, it about drives our daughter's cat crazy when they land and start eating, he thinks he should be able to get them through the glass. He sits there and chatters away at them and the squirrels get up close and look right back at him through the glass. I guess we should make a video of the animals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another trick for feeding when it snows is to sprinkle the seed against the houses foundation, usually the heat from the house melts the snow, causing a few inches of ground. I like the picture of the snow falling when you took photo of the gazebo, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures Denise and lovely for you to look back through and remember. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the way I like snow. In beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have some good snow pictures. The birds will certainly appreciate you for putting ot food for them in that kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. jeannette stgermainFebruary 7, 2009 at 2:21 PM

    the pic of the birds tells me you have eye for detail -the birds are so endearing!
    Thanks for your comment at my blog - we've been going to Seaport village at least since the mid-nineties - the bookstore, the carousel and the hat shop were then the ones we always stopped by then, also for the kids. nice meeting you this way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely photos. I also am an English expat in the USA. Glad to find and 'follow' your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for leaving that lovely comment on my blog...
    We have just had snow here in Middle Tennessee, some parts more than others.
    I tend to feed the birds also, especially in the Winter, I'm a 'critter' lover, as most Brits are :)
    The little tea room where you worked looked so quaint, I bet you miss it !
    It's funny how we hold onto our roots, despite living thousand of miles away, it's a good thing.
    Hope to visit often !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Denise, more snow photos, we really needed them. {:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patty, I would love to see that video.

    Margaret, thanks for the tip. I'm going to do that the next time I refill the feeders.

    Thanks Anne and yes, it keeps me going :) x

    Papercages, I'm with you, love looking at snow pictures but occasionally I am out there - it happens once in every five years or so ....... the mad fool gene kicks in, ha!

    George, thank you and my reward is two fold for the pleasure those birds give me.

    Jeannette, I appreciate the kind words and thanks for the interesting info on Seaport Village. It's been nice meeting you too.

    Limey, lovely to meet you too.

    Magic Eye, thank you, I enjoy your wonderful images, and they show me such an interesting part of the world that I find so interesting.

    A Brit in Tennessee, you are very welcome and thank you also for the kind words. I have said this many times, "you can take the girl out of England, but you can never take England out of the girl." :)

    Roy, I just knew you would love yet more snow photos, nudge, nudge, wink, wink - ha!

    Thanks everyone, it's always great to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am tired of the snow... be thankful you don't get a lot... it's cold and messy....
    These photos are really quite nice, though.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by my blog: Memories Then and Now! I have enjoyed reading yours! So different from our desert southwest!
    ~~Cheryl Ann~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I may have interest .....
    wah style can also .....

    ReplyDelete