Saturday, February 28, 2009

Camera Critters

Camera Critters is another fun meme hosted by Misty Dawn. You can find other critter photos by clicking on the icon above. Thank you Misty.


This is Isabella. She is my nephew and niece's cat. I took these photos when I last saw her. She was gracious enough to put up with this human following her around to take photos of her.

Pussy cat, pussy cat
Where have you been?
I've been to London
To look at the Queen
Pussy cat, pussy cat
What did you there?
I frightened a little Mouse
Under her chair.
~
Mother Goose

Cat Owner's Prayer
~
Because I'm only human,
It's sometimes hard to be
The wise, all-knowing creature
That my cat expects of me.
~
And so I pray for special help
To somehow understand
The subtle implications
Of each proud meowed command.
~
Oh, let me not forget that chairs
Were put on earth to shred;
And what I like to call a lap
Is actually a bed.
~
I know it's really lots to ask
But please, oh please, take pity;
And though I'm only human,
Make me worthy of my kitty!
~
Author Unknown
Cats Sleep Anywhere
~
Cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair.
Top of piano, window-ledge, in the middle, on the edge.
Open draw, empty shoe, anybody's lap will do.
Fitted in a cardboard box, in the cupboard with your frocks.
Anywhere! They don't care! Cats sleep anywhere.
~
Eleanor Farjeon (1881 - 1965)

24 comments:

Kay said...

My goodness, this is an elegant cat. Hoooowever, the picture of it stretching out his claws on the table sent a shiver down my spine. The photos are gorgeous, Denise.

Cloudia said...

These photos were taken by a cat lover; precious!
Aloha & meow

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely Denise - we had a cat of that colour at one time. Love her bed! A x

J said...

Fantastic photos of a gorgeous feline. I loved the YouTube video too and I'm looking forward to passing it along to friends and family.
I've got something for you at my blog too.

Amy said...

Great pics! I especially like the last one. It sort of looks like she's in a clam. :)

Amy ~ The Salty Momma

papercages said...

Wonderful shots and such a beautiful cat. I enjoyed your choices of prose to go with the pictures too.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Very pretty cat, she looks like a Russian Blue.

diane said...

Lovely shots of puss. What is it with bloggers and cats?

nazeee said...

very cool pics
cats have a way with humans... wonderful to play around

floreta said...

i really like animal portraits where they are looking out the window! great pics. the cat arch is interesting too.

Cathy said...

Hello Denise
Russian Blue or Blue Burmese?
Like the first one - wonder what she was looking at:)
Take care
Cathy

Pat and Abe said...

Wow, such an impressive bed. A cute cat no doubt.

Salty said...

Looks like a royaly spoiled kitty!
Nice choice for CC.

i beati said...

what alovlely bed wonder where they got it..sandy

Diane C. said...

What a delightful cat post! The cat's personality shines through in those photos. Enjoyed the amusing poetry too.

Mimi said...

Lovely smokey-kitty! All the verses were wonderful too!

Reader Wil said...

Yes cats sleep any where. Once we saw one of our cats sleeping in a brown paper bag, which was lying on the kitchen table. This cat is a sweetie!

Sue said...

Awwww what a lovely cat!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely photos, what a nice cat.

Gattina said...

The little poems are so true and adorable ! and your pictures too of course !

Cezar and Léia said...

Isabella is so gorgeus!We loved her!Many thanks for share these pictures! ahhh Denise...I sent you one email, don`t forget to check okay!A big kiss in your kind heart!
Léia ;-) hummmm and write about the trip to Washington!!

mommanator said...

what a lovely color the cat is!

Maria said...

What a cutie :))))

Tina said...

i love gret cats the best. she seems like a pleasant little cat.

by way my ear is ok now thanks for asking. i had to have it syringed in the end