Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More birds

More beautiful birds found found at the zoo. I will identify them where I can but maybe you can help me identify the ones I can't, or correct me if I am wrong on the others.
Top left is what I think is a Black-Crowned Night Heron. He was visiting the Flamingoes and a drop-in. Middle left is a Blacksmith Plover. Bottom left a Crane. The one directly in the middle is a White-Crested Turaco. Upper right a Cattle Egret. Middle right is an African Hornbill. Bottom right a White Headed Buffalo Weaver.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots! I went to the zoo today but sure didn't get as many bird shots as you did. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, that's a wonderful way to display the birds seen on a particular visit. I will have to try collages someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of those are unfamiliar to me Denise, but good to see. Aren't we lucky to have such a wonderful variety of birds in the world.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos. Sadly, the only one I recognized is the golden crowned crane. At least that's what I think it is. They're all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have precious moments to share? Join me in Precious Moments, plz. Precious Moments

    ReplyDelete