Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Good Morning

Beautiful Waikiki as seen from a whale-watching boat.
Hi Everyone, we are having a quieter day today and won't be getting out of the hotel until later so here I am. The three of us who were feeling under the weather have now turned the corner. Celia, who thought she might be coming down with strep throat, had a prescription refill on her. What amazed and impressed us was that she called Walgreen's in Waikiki who called her doctor in Virginia Beach, and when they arrived at the pharmacy, Walgreen's had the antibiotics ready and waiting. Way to go Walgreen's. Probably other drugstores are able to do this too not to play favorites, but my father-in-law has dealt with them for years in Virginia Beach and they have given him nothing but first-class treatment and friendly service.

And talking about friendly, I have to say that we have met nothing but friendly people since we got here. To a man and woman, all have warm smiles and delightful personalities. It is a pleasure to go into a place and be greeted in such a way. The warmth you feel is fantastic and that is no exaggeration. I love Hawaii for so many reasons and this is one of them.

Blogging is also a friendly world as you have all left me so many lovely comments. I do thank you for them. I won't be able to get back to you properly until I get home but I promise as soon as the cases are unpacked I will be on here asap and reply to every one of them.

I will be posting more pictures today before I leave the hotel. I wish you all a great day.

5 comments:

Cloudia said...

I am SO pleased to read that you are finding true Aloha here in Waikiki! So nice seeing it through your eyes. Walgreens just got here, and I'm glad to hear such nice things about them. . .

Denise said...

I didn't realize they were a new arrival. There was more Aloha today, Cloudia. We met such lovely people on the Missouri, who showed great kindness to my father-in-law. They went out of their way to give him a wonderful tour when they saw his veteran's hat, above and beyond. Incredible and much Aloha! They had our greatest appreciation and respect for what they did.

magiceye said...

this is so beautiful!!

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours too!!

Denise said...

Thank you Magiceye, however you celebrate this time of the year, I hope it is a wonderful celebration. My best to you and yours.

Kay said...

I'm enjoying touring the island with you and seeing it through your eyes. It's making it all fresh for me. I am happy that you're finding nice people everywhere. I still haven't been to a Walgreens here. I'm glad it all went well for your group.