Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Ramblings

This actually won't be a long ramble, I am checking in for a little while as I find myself on the couch having eaten a bowl of the Chicken and Dumplings Celia fixed the day before yesterday, and a couple of delicious delights from another batch of those freshly fried cornbreads she makes. I came in chilled to the bone and the expected aroma greeted me like an old friend. Oh and the family too, can't leave them out can I? Yes I am joking, making out those Chicken and Dumplings were first on my mind in front of my wonderful family but hey, my appetite was talking to me. Even though I work in a restaurat there are days when I don't even have time to eat until I get home, and this was my first meal of the day, I kid you not, strange huh? Now back to those Chicken and Dumplings, that aroma, can it get any better than this? Oh my, they were the best thing to eat on a day as cold as this. That first bite was heaven. And so now here I am in danger of falling asleep with the laptop resting on my lap. Gregg approached last night after chatting to me and not getting a response, saw that I had fallen asleep mid blogging. I may do that tonight, I can feel the z's approaching.

Everyone met up with Brad for lunch today and I couldn't join them being at work. It flurried a little in the afternoon. I haven't turned on the news yet but we hardly had any snow that I could see. By the time I got home tonight the skies were beautiful and there was a super sunset. Now I just heard that more snow flurries could be headed our way, so we shall see what tomorrow brings.

We had a steady stream of customers but I didn't see much of them as I baked all day. I am trying to get goods put in the freezer to carry them through until I get back in 2009. My last day is next Tuesday and I will be gone for the whole of December. I can't wait for my break. Will I know what to do with myself for a whole month, she says posing rather dramatically with the back of her hand on her forehead? You betcha, I can't wait.

Goodnight everyone .........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your snowy sleepy ruminations! Aloha from Waikiki-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Denise, good reading your Tuesday Ramblings. I got a bit hungry reading about your chicken and dumplings! Yesterday, just before I wanted to start cooking dinner the electricity went. (Bad storms) We rang and the bad news was that we would have it back at 2.41 AM! We settled for a cucumber salad and a tin of tuna by candlelight. Just finished our meal and the lights went back on! So I cook my risotto to night. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise
    Well now I'll try again :))

    This lovely post had me feeling quite hungry and then quite cool when you mentioned flurries - I take it you meant snow flurries and not the McD ones lol
    You will have to describe the Chicken and Dumpling meal for us Down Under

    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss something? Where are you off to in December?

    Perhaps you could post Celia's recipe for the chicken and dumplings? Or is it a family secret?

    ReplyDelete