Thursday, November 6, 2008

Teddy Bear Collection

I am posting a photo for Bear Naked as I know she is a fellow teddybear lover. This is a small part of my collection which started off when I was a year old when my dear Mom and Dad bought me one for my first birthday, which I have in many photographs. I will post some of those nostalgia ones later. I don't buy many these days, a lot of them are gifts from family and friends. There are a couple of bears in here my sister gave me and even a sock elephant from my son for this past Mother's Day and one from his work place but I think I cut the poor bear's head off. Hubby has also given me his fair share. They will get their day in the sun another time as I love those gifts as I do all of them, for the sentimental value obviously. When I look at them they take me back in time to the person who gave them to me. If I am lucky enough to go anywhere and I see one with traditional clothing from that area, then I can't resist. I also have teddy figurines but then I'll leave those for another day. Anyhow, just wanted to share these for now and to wish you all a great day.

10 comments:

Webradio said...

It's very pretty...
Sometimes, my friends called me to Teddy Bear up Webradio or Webby...

I'm smiling for this post...

Marie said...

Nice post!

The flowers on my post are Tropaeolum majus.

Abraham Lincoln said...

I like bear naked bears. In fact I never saw one in clothes.

Eve said...

So sweet, and wonderful memories but I think I see ET in there!!!

Leedra said...

Collections can be great and overwhelming at the same time. I have some very special teddy bears, but I try not to add to regularly. I have too many other collections. I heard once to beware of getting 3 of anything, then you think you have to collect them. That saying has saved me alot. My largest collections are fairies. I loved fairies before they were cool.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely collection Denise - can never resist buying Teddy Bears for my grandchildren.

A x

Bear Naked said...

Thank you so much for sharing a photo of some of your bears with me.
They all look so beary beautiful.
And also thank you for the link to my blog, I do appreciate it.

Bear((( )))

Gill - That British Woman said...

you know that's funny, I have never been a teddy bear collector or a lover.

Gill

2sweetnsaxy said...

What a collection! :-) You know, I don't think I ever had a teddy bear.

The Tile Lady said...

How marvelous that you have a teddy bear collection! I love the early ones (or replicas of them) and bought one for our daughter when she was small. She also had several other bears. Loved seeing the picture of all yours!
Marie