Saturday, November 8, 2008

Squirrel Alert

I took these photos a few years ago. I had thrown a load of sunflower seeds out on the deck to see if any of my squirrel friends would turn up. Of course they did, at least one little guy arrived. He seemed to have the place all to himself for a while. Our deal was that he could stuff his little squirrel cheeks as long as I could take tons of photos, which he did and which I did. Isn't it great to go back in your folders to find photographs you had forgotten all about? Like opening up an early Christmas present.






10 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Great deal Denise and lovely photos. I love to see the squirrels in our garden and sometimes treat them to peanuts.

A x

antigoni said...

I have photos with squirrels but not so close. It's nice to see them but sometimes they bite. So be careful.

Denise said...

Anne, thank you. Yes they also love their peanuts don't they?

Antigoni, thank you too and also for your concern. I have a zoom lens so I wasn't that close and I also always take my photos through the glass in our back door. No danger of getting bitten :)

Webradio said...

The squirrels are BEAUTIFUL !
Very great shots...

Leedra said...

I haven't been digitial but about 19 months, so I am not really there yet. Sure it will be that way though. I am sure it really that way with the family photos, more than the nature. Even though I do love my nature photography.

Mary said...

Cute, cute, cute! What super shots! I wish my Squirrel Sunday Star would get a little more cooperative and pose that sweetly. I was organizing photos earlier and finding all sorts of shots I didn't remember taking. I really need to sort and gather like with like...what a job.

Deborah said...

Cute squirrel,nice pics, thanks for sharing.

The Tile Lady said...

He is SOOOO cute!

Eve said...

Cute! Good find Denise!

JGH said...

I know these guys can be pests in the garden, but when you see one this cute, how could you possibly chase it away??!