Monday, November 17, 2008

The Morns Are Meeker Than They Were - Emily Dickinson

Another photo I took of a painting in a local hotel. Like the other I posted earlier, I added the frame around it the original not photographing well, or at least the photographer not photographing it well.

The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

~Emily Dickinson~

7 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you loved to have met Emily Dickinson!
    Thanks for this poem Denise...I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your poem . gully

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely words to go with a lovely picure.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post..i so like the lady's earrings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for this poem Denise...
    I didn't know...

    See You later !

    ReplyDelete