Friday, November 14, 2008

A bird, a poem by Emily Dickinson and a Chinese Proverb all in one.

When I took the photo originally I remember thinking that this little bird did not seem to mind that all the leaves were gone, so when I came across this quote it seemed appropriate.

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."
~Chinese Proverb~

I also found this lovely poem by Emily Dickinson entitled "Hope!"

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune....without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

5 comments:

  1. Denise,
    This is a very lovely post, especially now that Nov. has worked her magic and disappeared all the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful photo and the quote and poem go especially well with it! Beautifully done!!!!!!
    ~Michele~

    ReplyDelete
  3. always love birdies in branches...lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, I love the poetry of Emily Dickinson. Hope is such a lovely and important word in our language. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this post! Perfect poem, quote and photo accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete