Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad

It is my Dad's birthday. He passed away 14 years ago and he is never very far away from my thoughts, especially today. I treasure the memories I have of him. He had an amazing twinkle in the eyes, smiled and laughed readily, and had a great sense of humor. The day I told him that Gregg and I were going to get married he gave me his blessing, saying that he knew Gregg was going to be a wonderful husband and that I would have a great life with him. He was right. Dad was so good about weighing people up from the very first time he met them, and maybe that's why he made such a great police officer. My Dad was one of the best in my eyes and always will be. So, Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!

9 comments:

  1. A father is always important...
    Great text for Your Daddy !

    Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our parents are very important to our life and dad a bit more for girls. He's always our hero, a man's model. When i think that one day he won't be here..... I can't think of that. The memories of him will be my treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet Denise! Hold on to your memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Denise
    I's evident you really love your Dad
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post Denise and a great tribute to your Dad.

    My Dad died about 26 years ago and I think of him often. But there are certain "special" days when he stays in my thoughts.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for the days and times that I shared with your Dad. And I regret that he left us before we had the times together that we talked about so many times. Love Gully

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a beautiful tribute to a wonderful man. I am sure your father was extremely proud of you and would be to this day of the many accomplishments you have done and the person you have become! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. its nice you carry such fond memories for him, and you have a lovely picture of him too. god bless x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your daddy..

    ReplyDelete