Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Bea

Today was day for remembering a very special lady, Gregg's Mother Bea. The first time I ever met her was when I got on the train to London to meet my new in-laws-to-be, only a few days before Gregg and I got married. I met Gregg at the airport and he and I made our way to the hotel his Mom, Dad and Sister were staying in. They had flown in on an earlier flight.

As you can imagine I was very nervous but when Gregg knocked on their door, they all answered it and I was gathered up and brought inside to meet everyone. They made me very welcome, especially Bea. I was after all marrying her first born child and we had only had one conversation from a telephone box in Paignton after Gregg had asked me to marry him and I had said yes. She couldn't have been more gracious, loving and kind to me that day.

I chose this photo of her that is a treasure among treasures. She was around seven at the time of this photograph, and always loved to dance. She was a great dancer.

Happy Birthday Bea, we love you!

5 comments:

  1. oh denise...that picture is so cute of your MIL.
    and what a lovely post.
    thanks for sharing this with us :)
    and happy birthday Bea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo Denise - and a lovely tribute to Bea. Happy birthday from me too.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely "honneur" (tribute) to Bea, with a nice photo...
    Happy Birthday Bea !

    Your translation in my blog is GOOD !

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a super photo, those old photos are very special, a Happy Birthday from me as well!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely photo and a lovely memory.

    ReplyDelete