Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Deer at Big Meadow

Memories of another springtime, and a trip up to Big Meadow in the Shenandoah's. We were walking along the Appalachian Trail for a couple of miles when I sensed that we were not alone. I looked up and there he was, an awesome sight, staring at me as I stared at him. He waited long enough for me to get off a couple of shots and then meandered away. It was a special moment. Another special moment was when we walked down to the Meadow and came across a doe and her fawn. What can I say? No words needed here.


17 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh....that is the tiniest fawn I've seen a photo of! How adorable and what wonderful photos you took! What a blessing to see things so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Mother Nature a gift for all of us? Why do people destroy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a privilage to be able to be so close to them. Great photos, as always.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely images Denise. Its always so nice to be able to observe and photograph deer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots of the doe and her fawn - how lovely to have seen them for yourself. And looking at the first shot - I reckon he was thinking "ahhh - a human - wish I'd brought my camera"! Seriously Denise, photographic moments to treasure.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise, lovely, soothing pictures with Mum and Bambi! After the ordeal at the dentist. I hope all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise - I just read your comment on my blog and ran right over to pay you a visit. What a treat! These pictures are amazing! Like you, I will be back. Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are sweet photos...i just love deer. they are such gentle creatures.

    have a good wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, these are great. And that last one just pulls at my heart strings. How sweet is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those animals... Very "precious", and very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first fawn photo is awesome. Love the series.

    ReplyDelete