Thursday, October 16, 2008

We're at the beach!




Party girl I am not. Here I lie tucked up in bed in my hotel room at 11.42 p.m. We arrived at the hotel about half an hour ago. We checked in and went to our room. Gregg went back downstairs to bring up a few more things from the car and found his Dad at the desk asking if we had arrived. Quite a few people are having a good time down in the hospitality suite. I, however, am so stiff from our car ride I hobbled up to my room, have taken a couple of Aleve and calling it a night. I will be seeing everyone in the morning as the whole crowd are going to be up early to catch one of the boats out of Norfolk for a dinner cruise, a lunch cruise I guess.

To give you a bit of background information, for the last 30 years Gregg's Dad and his old shipmates have been getting together for these reunions. They were all on a ship that sank off Normandy during D-Day back in WWII. I have been coming to them for many, many years and each year we all have a great time during the weekend's festivities. Wives, children, grand-children and great-grandchildren have attended. Have to say that our older members have more energy than I do, they are energized at these get-togethers and it is a great thing to see.

Of course yours truly took photographs before I jumped into bed. Off the balcony is as far as I go tonight. Hope you all have a great weekend. I will be back in touch as time allows.
Bummer, Gregg just came back and told me I had to give up at least one of the pillows that I grabbed when I hit the sack......he's still waiting!
He stole the pillow, I only have three now :(

10 comments:

  1. It certainly sounds as though you are in for a great weekend Denise. I'm no party girl either but probably would enjoy that sort of renuion too. It is great to catch up with old friends. Have a wonderful time and look forward to hearing all about it.

    A x

    PS - Do hope you get the pillow situation sorted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast you fired some good shots from your balcony. I hope You got the creaks out of your joints and enjoyed the festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Give all the guys hugs and thank them for their service for me Denise! You have a great time and I think if you go ask for another pillow this morning they'll give you one!! Ha Ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm glad your arrived safely!!
    I'm surely not a party girl myself either =D but I'm sure you will still have fun in your own way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Can we see what Virginia Beach looks like in daylight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how wonderful that Gregg's Dad gets together with the group from Normandy every year! And you guys go and join in! That's awesome! Is it always held in VB? Thank him for his service! We are so proud of those WWII combat vets! Have a great time! You're going on the lunch cruise in Norfolk--that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that those guys are still getting together. It sounds like a fun weekend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting weekend ahead. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the pictures. I understand the needing to go to bed. And I'd say if Gregg wants a pillow, he should have brought his own! =)

    ReplyDelete