Friday, October 3, 2008

TGIF



Here I am sitting in my pj's at 10 o'clock in the morning, drinking my cup of coffee and catching up on my reading. It looks like a glorious day, sunny and 55 degrees F. outside so Mother Nature has flipped the switch into Autumn.

Gregg came home from Boston last night having left the previous Monday. His business trip went well by all reports. As luck would have it Brad and Lisa had stopped by and when they realized Gregg was on the way home from the airport, they hung around for another hour. It was a lovely evening. It doesn't take me long to get into my comfies after I get home from work, so when they called to say they were on their way, I decided not to clue them into the fact that I was already in my nightwear at 7.30 p.m. and jumped into a sweater and jeans, the sweater because I suddenly realized my nose was turning into a block of ice. I guess the heating will have to come on soon but I am holding off for a while, can't admit that the summer is over just yet and I may be the Queen of DeNile for a little while longer.

I will start moving shortly, small branches have fallen on the deck out back, along with a whole lot of leaves and they need to be swept up. More importantly the bird feeders need to be filled. I also want to buy some peanuts for the squirrels and might as well get some for us at the same time, but the squirrels take precedence. Priorities don't you know.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

5 comments:

Janet said...

It's still pretty warm in the afternoons here, but mornings and evenings are becoming deliciously cool.

Last night, I sat on the porch to a read for an hour before making dinner, and actually had to put a sweater on.

I know what you mean about getting comfy, I often work in my pj's in the fall/winter.

Daryl said...

SSSSSH .. dont tell anyone I know but when I get home from the office - approx 5:15 pm each nite - I change out of work clothes into jammies ... I dont own 'around the house' clothes ...

Hope you arent getting sick!

Enjoy the weekend.

:-Daryl

earthlingorgeous said...

Happy Friday to you too. I wish we have fall here but no luck :)

Denise said...

Janet, those cool evenings are wonderful aren't they after the humidity of summer?

Daryl, okay I won't tell if you won't :))) I don't think I am getting sick but son is just getting over a cold and at least two people at work have a real bad dose of the sniffles. Drinking lots of Vit. C and washing hands loads more than usual - Lady MacBeth syndrome for the duration of being around the poor dears until good health returns.

Earthlingorgeous, pro's and con's of the fall, gorgeous weather where you are though.

Thank you all for visiting.

Leedra said...

Well, after visiting with my husband for a day and night,I came home to a cool house. Thought it is after midnight, going to bed anyway. That was fine until 4:30am, woke up freezing. Got up and turned the heat on. Turned it back off Friday morning. Out taking photographs this morning in shorts again. That time of year.