Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I went to the movies today.

Wednesday is my normal day off and I love it as it breaks up the week just beautifully. There are those rare days when our son's day off coincides with mine, and he came over and took his mother out to a movie. We are following a grand tradition. My Mother and I often went to the movies together. Brad and I did this when he was growing up and when the opportunity arises, and the opportunities are getting far and few between these days, we get together and go to the movies. He and I have pretty similar tastes and even though I didn't know which one I was going to see, I didn't think twice before saying yes when he called. "Mom, do you want to go to the movies on Wednesday?" "I'd love to son." That's about how it goes. So all the plans to clean up this house go by the wayside, I put off what I was going to do because it can always be done another day. These times together are always too precious to waste. After the movie we went to lunch, and then he helped me with my grocery shopping, brought them all in for me when we got home and left a short while later. It was a great trip out and tomorrow I will be back at work raring to go, I hope!

11 comments:

  1. I agree, family time is so precious. When our children want to spend time with us it cannot be beat! To heck with housework.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise
    Sometimes its hard ot keep that bond with grownup children.
    Now, you do realise you didn't tell us what picture you saw lol
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leedra, I agree, to heck with the housework.

    Cathy, it was a WWII movie called Miracle at Saint Anna. A very good movie but rather sad too. The actors did a darned good job. You really got invested in the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think family traditions are important and this one sounds great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely for you Denise to have a good relationship with your son. I have the same with my daughters. You are absolute right; to the movies; the housework is still there when you come back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes - all that other stuff will be right there - take every precious moment you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...I am dreading the day all my kids move out. I hope we will still be as close as you and your son :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to be you. That sounds so nice. My 19 year old seams so busy. I'd just love to sit in a movie theater with him and enjoy! I'm still thankful that he calls regularly, just to talk. I'll hang on to that TIGHT and be thankful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree Denise family time is precious. Looking forward to seeing our two this weekend.

    If you have a minute can you check out my blog tomorrow, thanks,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very nice. I miss doing things like that with my daughter. We have to treasure such moments while we can!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun day, and how wonderful you have that kind of relationship with your son!

    ReplyDelete