Friday, October 10, 2008

Have A Great Weekend Everyone

My weekend is starting on a good note. This morning I had a chat with my sister. We haven't been able to talk in a while so catching up and hearing her voice is always great. I also was able to talk to my niece and she's a busy young lady, so when I find her in it is a double joy. Brother-in-law was on a business trip and hopefully I will get to chat to him next time.

No sooner had I put the phone down it rang again and it was hubs telling me his plane had landed, he was waiting to pick up his bags and he would be home within the hour. It is at times like this I feel fortunate that we are only half-an-hour from the airport. He has been away for the week in Kansas City on his own business trip and I can't wait to see him.

The other thing today was that my voter's registration card came in the mail. This was very exciting as just over two weeks' ago, as some of you may remember, I passed my US Citizenship test and became a citizen that very same day. I was chatting to some customers yesterday, a party of four - two Americans and two English people. We had been real busy but had slowed down enough to be able to chat and these times I love as I can be a chatty individual. The two English people, a lady and gentleman, had taken their citizenship tests several years previously. I found myself telling them of my very important day and gosh darn it, I started to get emotional. I was a little embarrassed and I laughed and said I had better shut up now and get them them their lunch, otherwise they would be waiting a long time to get their meal. We all laughed but they understood. It was a very nice moment and that's why I love my job, because the kind of people who come into our little restaurant are mostly just like them.

Anyhow, I wanted to pop in and wish you all a great weekend and to thank everyone for stopping by and saying hi. Always makes me feel good to read your wonderful words. I in turn love to stop by your blogs and read as many posts as I can. I feel like I have a whole world of friendship and what a great feeling that is. It is truly amazing to be able to travel as far as I do without leaving my house, to see so many wonderful places in so many beautiful countries that I would never get to see otherwise. Polly Anna I may be but it also makes me believe that there is hope for the world yet with all you beautiful people in it. I found this poem on my travels that I want to share.

***

On The Wings of A Butterfly
by Corky Ferguson

Your friendship is special
Like the flowers that bloom,
Or when a butterfly emerges
From within its cocoon...
You remind me of that butterfly,
Loving and free,
Bright and colorful,
For the world to see...
We will share sunshine and rainbows;
Sometimes, the rain and the snow;
We'll stand together through it,
While the cold winds blow...
When the time is right,
We won't stop to ask "Why?"
Our friendship will take flight
On the wings of a butterfly ...

19 comments:

chrome3d said...

Have a good weekend. Mine looks to be brilliant as well. Greetings from Finland!

Denise said...

Hi Chrome3d, I'm glad to hear that and thank you so much for stopping by.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Hello again Denise - always lovely to have a chat with loved ones, particularly if unexpected. Congratulations on passing your citizenship test. You and Gregg will be able to celebrate this weekend, hope you have a great time. Love the poem too.

A x

Denise said...

Thanks Anne, always great to see you here.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Great post. I'm glad you got a chance to talk to you family, that your man is home and that you're touched to be an American. Some of us take it for granted.
Vote your heart. ;-)

Denise said...

Hi 2SweetnSaxy, thanks for the wise words.

Catherine said...

I was just coming in your blog to watch your Sky, I read an important post instead. I imagine obtaining US citizenship was an important decision in your life. Not a big change, however.
So congrats for your succeed!

Yolanda said...

Congraulations on becoming an American citizen. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.

Denise said...

Catherine and Yolande, thank you very much.

Webradio said...

Good Weekend for You...
Lovely text today...

The Tile Lady said...

I feel that way too, Denise. I told my husband that I have a bunch of wonderful penpals, some from places all over the world. And I love it!

Congratulations on passing your citizenship test, and getting your voter registration cards! I know how proud you are! I am proud for you!

Marie

fishing guy said...

Denise: Congrats on your step to become a USA Girl. Just kidding, you will always have your ties to England in your heart.

Thanks for your kind coments on SWF.

Gill - That British Woman said...

you have a great weekend as well. It's Thanksgiving for us Canadians.

Gill

montucky said...

Denise, congratulations on your new citizenship! I'm so glad to see folks like you becoming citizens here: you are most welcome! Have a great weekend!

Island Rambles Blog said...

Have a great weekend.Thanks so much for your comment on my blog..I really appreciate it. cheers.

Maria said...

Denise, this is so beautiful what you said about blogging and about hope for the world. I often feel like you.
Have a nice weekend!

papercages said...

I always look forward to the pics you post but this post was xtra special. Thanks so much for sharing.

Janet said...

I hope you have had a lovely weekend, Denise. So nice that you got to chat with your sister, and that hubby has returned to the fold.

And thank you so much for all your kind words on my cooking blog.

Louise said...

What a nice post. You are full of sunshine.