Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Today's Flowers" at the Virginia Aquarium

Today’s Flowers was created by Luiz Santilli Jr. and is now managed by Santilli and Denise BC. I always enjoy when Sunday comes and I can look at so many websites with the most glorious flowers from all over the world. Thank you Luiz, Santilli and Denise. I know this must be very time consuming and I appreciate the effort it must take for you to keep something like this going.

Please click on the icon above to see wonderful flowers from all over the world, and even join in the fun by posting your own.

My contributions this week were taken while on a walk around the Aquarium grounds in Virginia Beach, Virginia (USA). It stopped raining long enough for us to complete a very long walk around the grounds. Everywhere was very damp but it was a most enjoyable walk. As we reached the building and stepped inside the heavens opened and it poured. By the time we had looked at all the exhibits it stopped raining again long enough for us to get back to our car, and when we reached our hotel and once again had a roof over our heads, it poured again.

It was very windy and hard to get anything in focus but I was lucky with some. I don't know the names to each flower or plant, so if there is any one with this knowledge I would appreciate your help in identifying them. Thank you.





30 comments:

  1. I think Fall is my favorite time of the year just for the colours. Very nice photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection of flowers and also colourful leaves you have here. Autumn is really everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos as always Denise. Autumn is so colourful - wonderful.

    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of a variety of the fall and left over flowers for the yr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful series. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics of penstemon that red one, phytolacca americana (poke?) those berries and all others too, them I don't know:) (Although those leaves looks like aronia, but there I can't see berries...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice as it is to call our friends by name, flowers can still be loved anonymously. Nice selection of herbage, and beautiful Otters in the post below.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful as usual Denise! I love the fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks for visiting my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enlarged your photos to see the wonderful detail you had captured. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely and delicate. I love them all. A beautiful walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful shots! The berries are what we called french mulberry. They grew wild in South Alabama where I grew up. I've only seen them once in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are very pretty! Such nice colors and variety. This must have been a wonderful place to spend a day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is something so soothing about flowers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Denise
    Are charming and beautiful, much like the second, I do not know whether it is flower or fruit, but it is intensely beautiful.
    I thank you for sharing.
    hugs,
    Denise & Santilli - TF Team

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great set of the season flowers and colors! The first two species are unseen for me before. Very interesting! Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. the purple one is my favourite......lovely photo's.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  19. great set of flowers, very cute and pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Denise: Beautiful captures for Today's Flowers. I do hope you join us in My World.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All these are still blooming? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Denise muito linda a tua postagem!
    Obrigada pela sua visita.
    Um beijo. lili

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Denise!
    You have made wonderful pictures!
    I have loved the flowers and their colors!
    Great week for you!
    Flávia

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the 2nd photograph. And the Black Eyed Susans, if that is what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That single yellow leaf looks as if it is floating on air!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like you were lucky with the rain, and you got some fabulous pictures. I really love the beautiful leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty colors and photos
    THanks for visiting to my blog

    ReplyDelete