Monday, October 20, 2008

Bird Photos from Virginia Beach

I took this photo from the balcony of our hotel room. It seemed as though he knew I was there and gave me a winning smile as he bounced around on the wind. I took several photos and only a couple came out, the rest were totally blurry.

I just love Seagulls.

Gregg took this photo of some Pelicans flying by.

The rest of the photos are ones taken at the Virginia Aquarium on our walk. There was an aviary on the grounds.

A Great Horned Owl. What a beautiful bird! I wish I had another background for him but this was the best I could do.

I am not sure what this bird was, some kind of Egret perhaps?

A Common Grackle eating what I think is a type of crustacean


A White Ibis.

A Great White Egret....
....and friends

17 comments:

  1. these are really great shots specially the first one with the flying bird with the wings spread. great job denise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent bird photos! I love the seagull ones especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grabbed my bird book to see what the Egret's friends were. They look like Whistling Ducks to me. Is that what they are?

    I have given you an award, please come by for a visit and to retrieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lawstude, thank you very much.

    Hope, I think that photo was one of my favorites.

    Leedra, thank you, I'm not sure but sounds like you know more than I do. That's very kind of you to give me an award. I'll be right on over :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Denise, birds are always beautiful and interesting subjects for the lens. Your series is a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful birds and ... friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Glad you're having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird shots ! My favourite is the owl, they have so funny eyes they always look surprised !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some TERRIFIC photos! I'm impressed with the flying seagulls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How free must birds feel up there!!! I sometimes dream that I'm flying in the air and it's a great sense!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you're right - he seems to be showing off for you....Your mystery bird looks like a feathered unicorn to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great shots...
    Nice birds here...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are wonderful photos and such a great variety of subjects. Looks like a really nice Aquarium. I love the two birds on the rail...it makes me think of a plane waiting for clearance to take off :-)

    ReplyDelete