Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back for a little bit!

Hello Family and Friends, thank you for the encouraging words while I have been off line, and so sweet of you to leave your sympathetic comments. My computer is still in the shop but Gregg is letting me borrow his so that I can send a short message. He brought home a lot of work this evening, so I promised I wouldn't be on long. The gentleman who is working on my laptop was able to get it going, but has to do a few other things before I get to pick it up, hopefully within the next couple of days. I am hoping that he was able to save all my files and keeping my fingers and toes crossed here.

When I told my friends at work that my computer was 'down', they wanted to know if I had resorted to biting my nails and was I going through withdrawal. I told them that my house had never been this tidy since before 'computer' days but I was holding up; that probaby before the end of the week they could eat off my kitchen floor, so I was going to invited them all over to dinner to prove it!

It has been a cold blustery day here in Northern Virginia. The leaves have been swirlying like you wouldn't believe, and apparently it is going to be a similar day tomorrow. At this rate the trees are going to be bare. Well, at least it has been sunny and the rain seems to have left the area.

Oh well, gotta get off here. Talk to you later all.

16 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I HAD to have internet connection even when we were on vacation........dh says I am addicted!!!

    Hope to see you around soon,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise
    They say that even this will pass -hope its not too long a wait for you tho' :))
    Take care
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. just hopping here to greet you and wish you well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise,

    I'm sorry to hear of your computer problems...I hope you are back online very soon!

    I have given you & your blog the Kreativ Blogger Award. Stop by my blog on my October 29th post to pick up your award. Enjoy and have fun passing this award on to others!

    Sincerely,
    ~ Hope in Knoxville

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Denise, come back soon. I miss your blogspots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it must be frustrating... I know I would be frustrated as well.
    Soon it will be nothing but a bad memory!
    We will see you very soon!!
    Hang in there!
    {Hug}
    ~Michele~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it's nice to have some away time but I hope you're taking lots of pictures to fill us in later!!
    Hope to see them soon Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I better not let Mike see this....he'll crash the computer just so I'll clean the house! Glad you are back on at least briefly...we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can relate. Yesterday our power was out for 2 hours. Hope yours "heals" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In all of us it has happened this we have problem at some time with the viruses!
    We wait for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise-I have an award for your blog at my place. You may pick it up whenever you wish. Congratulations. ~ tricia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be going through withdrawal too if I didn't have my computer to check all my favorite blogs and keep mine updated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would be interesting to know what all was wrong with your computer and what he did to it to make it work again?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you feel that your hands are tied? I felt that when my pc was off!
    I'm sure I'll see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am reading a novel set in Virginia by Emilie Richards.

    I have an award for you, when you are ready!

    ReplyDelete