Friday, September 19, 2008

The Owl Butterfly

I took this photo in Florida inside a butterfly exhibit. There were many beautiful butterflies fluttering around and I was in awe of them as this was the first time I had ever been so close to dozens and dozens of them. I looked down and this one had landed on my leg, and so I took its photo before it flew off to join all the other fluttering butterflies. For me this was another magical experience with our natural world. It was only after I got home after doing a little research that I found out this was an Owl Butterfly.

A butterfly lights beside us,
Like a sunbeam...and for a brief moment
It's glory and beauty belong to our world...
But then it flies on again, and
Although we wish it could have stayed,
We are so thankful to have seen it at all.
~Author Unknown~

4 comments:

Janet said...

Denise, how did you get this photo? It's absolutely amazing, I have never seen a butterfly like this before.

Denise said...

Hi Janet, I have put in a brief explanation. I posted it before I had fine-tuned it, and now I am having trouble getting back in to edit a typo.

2sweetnsaxy said...

Oh, WOW!! That is an awwww-sum photo of such a pretty butterfly.

Denise said...

2Sweetnsaxy glad you enjoyed the butterfly.