Sunday, September 7, 2008

Norfolk Botanical Gardens, Virginia

These photos were taken at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. We go to the gardens when we have the opportunity, and it is a great place for a walk. Norfolk is about 200 miles south of us and Gregg's Dad lives in the next town over, so whenever we visit him we try to fit the gardens into our schedule, depending on how busy we are with family activities. Last time we were there was for the 4th July and there was no time for any side trips, so no gardens that weekend. Next time hopefully.

They have had nesting bald eagles here for several years now. You can see some pictures from off their site here.


10 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

are the flowering shrubs azaleas?

I have done my Georgia post, but it won't be published until Tuesday (9th) as I have a yummy roast beef and yorkshire pudding post for tomorrow.

gill

Denise said...

Oh yummy Gill, can't wait. Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding is my son's all time favorite meal, as it is one of ours.

Look forwrd to that post.

Denise said...

Ups, forgot to say, yes those are azaleas.

Mary said...

Beautiful! What a great place!

Denise said...

Thanks Mary, it is a lovely place.

Janet said...

Those gardens look beautiful.

We have an eagle that hangs out around here. I mostly see him in the winter. We put a dish of water out for the birds, and I've seen him drinking from it a few times. One time he was eating his prey on our wood pile.

Whenever I get a really good view of him the camara is never at hand, and I don't want to miss the moment by going to get it.

Denise said...

Hi Janet, thank you and as for that eagle, in situations like that I wouldn't want to miss that opportunity either. Sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment. If it is meant to be, you will get that photo one day.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

GOSH!!! These are beautiful!! Sorry I'm late with posting my comments... I have been ill but these are gorgeous photos... colors and clarity are outstanding. Good job!
~Michele~

Denise said...

That's so sweet of you to say Michele. I'm sorry to hear you've been ill. Sure hope you're feeling better by now.

Hugs,
Denise

fishing guy said...

Denise: Those are beautiful photos of a splendid area.