Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Rocky Mountain Calendar arrived! Thank you Michele.


When I checked out the front window this morning and looked on the step, there was an envelope waiting for me. I was a real happy camper to find the calendar I had ordered from my blogging friend Michele. I absolutely love your photographs in my Rocky Mountain Calendar and I can't wait to put them up on my wall. The photos are magnificent.

Michele enjoys fly-fishing and so I thought in way of a small thank you, I would post lots of 'fishing' quotes for her today. These are for you Michele. Have a most wonderful day.

*****
What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great catch.
Patrick F. McManus

The best time to go fishing is when you can get away.
Robert Traver


If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
Doug Larson

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.
Author Unknown


Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!
Author Unknown


Good things come to those who bait.
Author Unknown


Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Chuck Clark


Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl.
Ernest Hemingway


"The fish and I were both stunned and disbelieving to find ourselves connected by a line." William Humphrey in "The Armchair Angler"


"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."
Dr. Seuss

"The great charm of fly-fishing is that we are always learning."
Theodore Gordon


"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret."
Roderick Haig Brown


"Whether I caught fish or not, just the thrill of rolling out that line and watching my fly turn over has been good enough for me. That and the hundreds of treasured memories I have of this wonderful sport."
Curt Gowdy


"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water."
William Tapply "A Fly-Fishing Life"

12 comments:

fishing guy said...

Denise: Love your post honoring one of my fishing friends. Michele is a wonderful photographer from a scenic area of Canada.

Denise said...

She certainly is Fishing Guy. I can't get enough of her photographs. They are very special.

The Birdlady said...

Some great quotes - fishermen do love their fishing, don't they?

Denise said...

They certainly do Ellen, they certainly do :))))

Denise said...

Ups, sorry HELEN, I have another friend 'Ellen'. Really do have to stop posting when my mind has left the building :)))

dot said...

The fishing quotes are so cute! I'm sure Michele will love them.

Denise said...

Thanks Dot, I hope she will.

Janet said...

I have another one for you, this is on my husband's coffee mug,

Reel men play with their flies.

Michele (Rocky Mtn.Girl) said...

Ahh... Fantastic post! When I see fishing... I can't think of anything else in the world... I just want to run for my fly rod and the Jeep and head for the nearest mountain stream!
These are the finest fishing quotes I have seen in a very long time!
You definitely dug up some goodies, my friend. I am impressed!!
Love that "Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!" Hehehe... even when it's dark outside.. I'm sitting there with a flashlight trying to squeeze in some extra fishing time or I'll turn my Jeep in a way so that I can turn on the headlights on so it will shed some extra light just so I can get in a little more time for fishing... silly me!

I am so very happy that you are pleased with the calendar... it makes me smile that you are delighted and you will be able to take a piece of the Rocky mountains with you throughout the year.
You truly are a wonderful blog friend and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your wonderful post! You really made me feel better after my last few icky days I have had...
Thanks so much, Denise, and I'm happy that you are happy!
(Hugs)
~Michele~
Mountain Retreat

Denise said...

Janet, thanks for the quote. Do you like fishing too?

Denise said...

Michele, now I'm happy YOU'RE happy :)))) I'm glad my post brought some good feelings in an otherwise tough few days for you. Sure hope you are feeling a whole lot better. I feel blessed to know you. This blogging lark has brought so many lovely people into my life. It has been an awesome experience and continues to get better.

JGH said...

This is a collection to keep and send to my fisherman friends! Hope you dont mind :-)

This year we went crazy fishing for catfish in my father-in-law's man made pond. He stocked them with 3" fish a few years ago and they're suddenly over a foot long. It can be come obesssing.