Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mr. Chipmunk came back....

I hope you're not getting tired of chipmunk posts because I have to tell you, I am smitten with the one who keeps turning up on my front doorstep. Okay, slight exaggeration, this is only the second time Gregg has come home to find one in practically the same spot as before. This time Gregg called me from his cell phone while still sitting in his car after he had just rolled up our driveway, and I heard his voice on the answering machine, "We've got a chipmunk, chipmunk, chipmunk!" I moved faster than I had moved all day and grabbed the camera, and shot a whole series of photographs again from the side windows of the front door. To say I am enamored with the chipmunk is putting it mildly. We have lived here for years and we have hardly seen any, and now one has apparently taken up residence under our front doorstep. I have told Gregg he makes a great spotter. I took about 50 photos of this little guy but I have whittled them down to seven so as not to put you all to sleep because of my fixation and love for our resident chipmunk.

He wasn't eating tonight. Maybe he had just finished dinner as he began to wash himself.


Before long those paws were a blur.

But then he stopped as Gregg got tired of sitting in the car and got out. I think he knew I had probably gotten enough photos of him to last a lifetime. Almost!

This was the last photo before he jumped off the step. Gregg came in for the camera as he had spotted him running around the side of the house. I was just in time to see Mr. Chipmunk scurrying inside our open garage door and just as quickly he changed his mind, turning on his heels and out he went. Gregg followed him as he ran faster than lightning and disappeared down a hole underneath the concrete step, telling his family no doubt about the crazy people who kept taking his photo. Well, it's hard to leave you alone when you are a star.

15 comments:

  1. Oh! he is a real chipmunk, face stripies give him away, not a mear golden matntle squirrel that is so prevelant, no... you got a true Chiper munk!! wow!! Happy feet dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked seeing more of your friend. Will have to show my men when they come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we don't have chipmunks, it is all right with me. He looked like a charming fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, the chipmunk pictures are great! I love them all, but the blurred one is special! ´:)
    Thanks for visiting and your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... he's adorable... I agree, the blurred one is cute... it shows the action! Great photos.

    Thanks for the warm comments in my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, he's absolutly adorable. If you feed him he should tame right up Denise. I just hope you don't have many bulbs in your yard tho. He'll dig them right up and have them for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful pictures of your Chipmunk, so clear and detailed in the closeups! Chipmunks are pretty cute and ours seems to be every where in our garden. I enjoyed your write up.
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would happily have looked at all 50 photos! You have no idea how jealous I am! I'd trade my squirrel "star" (don't tell him I said that) for your chipmunk! I hope you leave him tasty little treats :-) Maybe he will get tame enough to allow your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise: I do love your chipmunk photos. Maybe I'll have to feed them to get them to stay around. Ours are so skiddish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie-pie! Better not let my son see this...he already wants a hamster! (This in addition to our 2 dogs, 2 cats and 1 rabbit!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's sweet. I've not seen a chipmunk before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for all your wonderful comments about my little visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chipmunks and rarely see them. I would never get bored. Just so cute!

    ReplyDelete